How to remove the "occupied by another terminal" message ?

Good Afternoon,

As I increase the number of remote agents in my LAN, I am staring to get the "occupied by another terminal" message @ Diary tab when running Strategy Tester.

Unfortunatelly the only way I see to unlock the port is rebooting the machine.

Does anyone know the reason for this message and how to avoid/ remove it ?

For the moment, I have 38 remote agents running, all with similar capacity.

Regards,

Marcelo 

I'm having a similar problem, I disabled all my agents and still get the message!

Any help with this mql5 will be appreciated 

YouTrade:

Good Afternoon,

As I increase the number of remote agents in my LAN, I am staring to get the "occupied by another terminal" message @ Diary tab when running Strategy Tester.

Unfortunatelly the only way I see to unlock the port is rebooting the machine.

Does anyone know the reason for this message and how to avoid/ remove it ?

For the moment, I have 38 remote agents running, all with similar capacity.

Regards,

Marcelo 

Hmmm, can't say I've come across this. If nobody else can come up with a solution shortly I'd suggest writing to the Service Desk.

Merry Xmas :)

Same issue here.

I've also encountered this issue. So I've done some monitoring of my system resources, and in my case it appears that each agent tries to commit (reserve) physical memory for it's task. And when enough agents have reserved all available memory, the remaining agents return the message "occupied by another terminal" in the Journal.

Btw. in case of disk space, agents do report back with the message "not enough free disk space".

Of course this is a speculation, would love to hear from the devs for the real explanation.

Dave Bieleveld # :

I've also encountered this issue. So I've done some monitoring of my system resources, and in my case it appears that each agent tries to commit (reserve) physical memory for it's task. And when enough agents have reserved all available memory, the remaining agents return the message "occupied by another terminal" in the Journal.

Btw. in case of disk space, agents do report back with the message "not enough free disk space".

Of course this is a speculation, would love to hear from the devs for the real explanation.

Hear what ? Nobody in this thread reported any serious technical informations. 

What computer and OS specifications ? How much agents installed, logs, screenshots, etc...

Here is an example from the past, where this error appears, and after a user provided the need technical informations, the issue was investigated by MQ developers.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 5 platform beta build 2055: Integration with Python and massive improvements in the strategy tester

Slava , 2019.06.20 06:02

Judging by the logs, the agent is running on a heavily loaded computer. After executing the next batch and sending the results, it does not have time to release the thread to receive the next batch. If the reception fails, the connection is broken with the same message about occupied by another terminal.

Try halving the number of agents. We conducted experiments on mathematical calculations on a computer with hyperthreading - 10 physical cores, 20 logical cores. There is no difference in time whether to use 10 agents or 20. On xeon fi with 68 physical cores and 272 logical cores, the best time was also on a little more than half of the logical cores (we are talking about pure mathematics)

Did all the frames come as a result of this optimization?

Reason: