Get Highest/Lowest value of Fractals of the last x bars ---- result is 3.0 or 4.0 or 15.0 instead of the real value of the fractals

input int      PSAR_max_bar      = 15;         // bars on which you want to find fractals

void OnTick()
{

double   upper[];
double   lower[];  

for(int i=3; i<PSAR_max_bar; i++)
   {
    upper[i]=iFractalsGet(UPPER_LINE,i);
    lower[i]=iFractalsGet(LOWER_LINE,i);
   }

double maxUpper = ArrayMaximum(upper,WHOLE_ARRAY,0);
   double maxLower = ArrayMinimum(lower,WHOLE_ARRAY,0);

Print(maxUpper," - ",maxLower);

}

double iFractalsGet(const int buffer,const int index)
  {
   double Fractals[1];
//--- reset error code 
   ResetLastError();
//--- fill a part of the iFractalsBuffer array with values from the indicator buffer that has 0 index 
   if(CopyBuffer(handle_iFractals,buffer,index,1,Fractals)<0)
     {
      //--- if the copying fails, tell the error code 
      PrintFormat("Failed to copy data from the iFractals indicator, error code %d",GetLastError());
      //--- quit with zero result - it means that the indicator is considered as not calculated 
      return(0.0);
     }
   return(Fractals[0]);  
   }

Hello,

i try to get highest/lowest Fractal of the last x bars, it will compile but onTick gives back array out of range error. Does this happen because at first bar of backtest we do not have access to the last 15 bars? If yes, how can i fix that? Any help would be very appreciated :)

greetz

fischeye:

Hello,

i try to get highest/lowest Fractal of the last x bars, it will compile but onTick gives back array out of range error. Does this happen because at first bar of backtest we do not have access to the last 15 bars? If yes, how can i fix that? Any help would be very appreciated :)

greetz

Array out of range error is because size of upper and lower arrays is not set.

input int      PSAR_max_bar      = 15;         // bars on which you want to find fractals, max = 20
int            handle_iFractals;               // fractal handle

int OnInit()
  {
   handle_iFractals=iFractals(Symbol(),Period());

if(handle_iFractals==INVALID_HANDLE)
     {
      PrintFormat("Failed to create handle of the iFractals indicator for the symbol %s/%s, error code %d",
                  m_symbol.Name(),
                  EnumToString(Period()),
                  GetLastError());
      return(INIT_FAILED);
     }
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
   }

void OnTick()
{

double   upper[20];
double   lower[20];  

for(int i=3; i<PSAR_max_bar; i++)
   {
    upper[i]=iFractalsGet(UPPER_LINE,i);
    lower[i]=iFractalsGet(LOWER_LINE,i);
   }

double maxUpper = ArrayMaximum(upper,WHOLE_ARRAY,0);
   double maxLower = ArrayMinimum(lower,WHOLE_ARRAY,0);

Print(maxUpper," - ",maxLower);

}

double iFractalsGet(const int buffer,const int index)
  {
   double Fractals[1];
//--- reset error code 
   ResetLastError();
//--- fill a part of the iFractalsBuffer array with values from the indicator buffer that has 0 index 
   if(CopyBuffer(handle_iFractals,buffer,index,1,Fractals)<0)
     {
      //--- if the copying fails, tell the error code 
      PrintFormat("Failed to copy data from the iFractals indicator, error code %d",GetLastError());
      //--- quit with zero result - it means that the indicator is considered as not calculated 
      return(0.0);
     }
   return(Fractals[0]);  
   }

Hello Navdeep,

thank you for your help, the EA does not giva any array error anymore. But the function does not give back the right value of the fractals, the result for maxUpper is 3.0 or 4.0, while maxLower is 15.0. The real value is about 0,71150 because its NZDUSD chart

greetz

fischeye:

Hello Navdeep,

thank you for your help, the EA does not giva any array error anymore. But the function does not give back the right value of the fractals, the result for maxUpper is 3.0 or 4.0, while maxLower is 15.0. The real value is about 0,71150 because its NZDUSD chart

greetz

Your parameters for ArrayMaximum/Minimum functions are wrong. You are trying to use the MQL4 function in MQL5. See correct example here 

Also if you are only filling from the 4th element up to the 15th element then keep your search within that range

Or

write proper code and only copy non-empty values from fractals handle into the arrays.

Documentation on MQL5: Array Functions / ArrayMaximum
Documentation on MQL5: Array Functions / ArrayMaximum
  • www.mql5.com
ArrayMaximum - Array Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: