Mt5 Strategy Tester slow on max speed

I have recently converted to mt5 and been testing my EA on the strategy tester in visual mode.

On mt4 when I put my tester speed to max (visual mode on control points) the chart will go really fast and will be over in a matter of seconds.

However on MT5 when i go to max speed ( on 1 minue OHLC). The strategy tester takes a few seconds to get through a single candle ( i should note that i am testing on daily timeframe, but this was the same in mt4).
I thought maybe it was the code slowing it down, but i wrote a super basic ea to test and it is the same speed.

Is there anyway to speed up the strateg tester, is my PC just crap? I dont want to put my modelling any lower than 1 min OHLC as i think it will be too inaccurate.

Edit: I think because i am testing the daily timeframe that a lot of ticks are being generate per candle which is why it feels slow.

Is there another modelling mode i can use that is like Control points from MT4 tester as this would speed the test up massively.

Using open prices only is the next option and this is no where near accurate enough.

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Are you using the 'Comment ()' function in your code?

Do you have an optimal algorithm?

Vladimir Karputov:

Are you using the 'Comment ()' function in your code?

Do you have an optimal algorithm?

Yes i use comment a couple times, but only in the OnInit()
And what does optimal algorithm mean?

Reason: