how are highs and lows accurately identified to help create an Elliot Wave EA/ indicator?

The problem i am facing is that i use "pivot highs/ lows" which detects the "relative" high and lows (this indicator is accessible on TradingView although im sure there is another word for it on MQL format. 

say for instance in a bullish elliot wave pattern, the highs can be easily identified when pivot h/l is set to 1, therefore it will find the highest point of the wave and ignore any points that are lower. However, for the low to be relative, im finding myself changing the s=parameters constantly to fit the market waves, as the waves keep changing in size. 

if this makes sense to anyone please reach out, even if there is an alternative way to accurately identify the relative highs/lows during this sequence.

Kieran James Stuthridge: The problem i am facing is that i use "pivot highs/ lows" which detects the "relative" high and lows (this indicator is accessible on TradingView although im sure there is another word for it on MQL format. say for instance in a bullish elliot wave pattern, the highs can be easily identified when pivot h/l is set to 1, therefore it will find the highest point of the wave and ignore any points that are lower. However, for the low to be relative, im finding myself changing the s=parameters constantly to fit the market waves, as the waves keep changing in size. if this makes sense to anyone please reach out, even if there is an alternative way to accurately identify the relative highs/lows during this sequence.

From the description on the this page:

It seems very similar to Bill Williams Fractal Indicator. See if that fits your requirements.

Fernando Carreiro:

From the description on the this page:

It seems very similar to Bill Williams Fractal Indicator. See if that fits your requirements.

Okay thanks! I'll take a look at that now

Reason: