can i run 3 sets of 10 pairs (ALL H4 charts and signals)?

can i run 3 sets of 10 pairs (ALL H4 charts and signals)?

All with individual magic numbers??

thanks,

Mark

marktrounce27: can i run 3 sets of 10 pairs (ALL H4 charts and signals)? All with individual magic numbers?? 

Your question seems a little vague to me. What do you mean by "3 sets of 10 pairs"?

Are you asking if you can have 30 (3 x 10) charts open at the same time?

Or are you asking if you can run 30 EAs at the same time with interfering with one another?

Can you explain in more detail please?

Fernando Carreiro:

Your question seems a little vague to me. What do you mean by "3 sets of 10 pairs"?

Are you asking if you can have 30 (3 x 10) charts open at the same time?

Or are you asking if you can run 30 EAs at the same time with interfering with one another?

Can you explain in more detail please?

HI Fernando,

Yes, 10 pairs, duplicated 3 times on mt4 platform.  so 30 pairs in total.

All trading different signal setups from  H4 charts.  

If all different magic numbers, will it be OK?

thanks,

Mark

marktrounce27: Yes, 10 pairs, duplicated 3 times on mt4 platform.  so 30 pairs in total. All trading different signal setups from  H4 charts. If all different magic numbers, will it be OK?

You did not answer my questions!

Are you wanting to run EAs on each chart or are you following a signal and copying trades?

You are just repeating the same mixed up words as before and you are no more clearer. Explain yourself properly please!

You can open up a maximum of 100 charts on a terminal, irrespective of what symbol or time-frame you have on them.

On each you can run an EA, but to prevent interference, they must each use a unique Magic-number. You can repeat the same Magic-number for different symbols but not on the same symbol, even if it is on a different chart. However, this is assuming the EA is also checking against the symbol.

In the case the EA is not checking the symbol or you are unsure, the simply use a unique Magic-number for every chart.

However, this is all theoretical, because it depends very much on your available CPU and RAM resources and how efficient your EAs are. It also depends on whether you are using MT4 or MT5 as each one has a different set of requirements.

Fernando Carreiro:

Are you wanting to run EAs on each chart or are you following a signal and copying trades?

You are just repeating the same mixed up words as before and you are no more clearer. Explain yourself properly please!

You can open up a maximum of 100 charts on a terminal, irrespective of what symbol or time-frame you have on them.

On each you can run an EA, but to prevent interference, they must each use a unique Magic-number. You can repeat the same Magic-number for different symbols but not on the same symbol, even if it is on a different chart. However, this is assuming the EA is also checking against the symbol.

In the case the EA is not checking the symbol or you are unsure, the simply use a unique Magic-number for every chart.

However, this is all theoretical, because it depends very much on your available CPU and RAM resources and how efficient your EAs are. It also depends on whether you are using MT4 or MT5 as each one has a different set of requirements.

Hi Fernando, all with EA's which I know run fine on 32 charts and on VPS.  I will have individual magic numbers for all, so I think I will be fine.  Really appreciate your answer.  sorry  about my explanation.  Cheers, Mark

Fernando Carreiro:

Fernando, have you ever tried running 100 charts with EA's via a VPS and if so which one?  thanks, mark

marktrounce27: Fernando, have you ever tried running 100 charts with EA's via a VPS and if so which one?  thanks, mark

No, I have never run that many! I run a maximum of 5-8 EAs per terminal, 1-3 terminals (different accounts and/or platforms) per VPS, depending on the VPS RAM and CPU capacity.

Reason: