Cannot open file - page 5

justaman1929 :

Replace your copy of metaeditor.exe by the old one, it will work :-) (Find attached the build 2375)

You read inattentively: you are using the OLD TERMINAL, and I work with MQL5 .

Vladimir Karputov:

Effectively ^^. Sorry !

Vladimir Karputov:

Can confirm its the compiler thats broken now I managed to use my cousins older version of metatrader4 to compile and upload my file to VPS and it worked so something is broken in the newer version that was released 2 days ago.

Sorry for any inconveniene.

We have found the reason and fixed this issue.

All VPS servers were updated.

Please migrate your EA again if you faced this error on rented VPS

Hello, I still have a problem with the file directory. I am using Parallels on my mac, no VPS tho. 

Here's the error message: can't open "C:\Users\tonemontgomery\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\Trade\Trade.mph" include file SellExpert.mq5 1 11"

Here's the code, super simple, doesn't do anything other than try to include a file.

#include "Trade\Trade.mph"
void OnTick()
  {

}

I uninstalled a brokers version of MT5 and installed a clean native version of MT5 from MT5s website.

PLEASE HELP

Change your include

File extension is: mqh, with a Q.

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Change your include

File extension is: mqh, with a Q.

Thank you! However I run into the same problem here

Code:

#include "Trade\Trade.mqh"
void OnTick()
  {

}

Error Message:

can't open "C:\Users\tonemontgomery\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\Trade\Trade.mqh" include file SellExpert.mq5 1 11

tonemontgomery #Thank you! However I run into the same problem here Code: Error Message: can't open "C:\Users\tonemontgomery\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Experts\Trade\Trade.mqh" include file SellExpert.mq5 1 11

You are not paying attention to Dominik's post!

This ...

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>

NOT this ...

#include "Trade\Trade.mqh"

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are not paying attention to Dominik's post!

This ...

NOT this ...

Oh! My Apologies, I'm sorry, I'm new to this (coding in general) and that detail totally slipped past me. Appreciate you pointing it out for me. Thanks to the both of you, it's solved now!

Welcome, no problem.

The difference is "" this will search in the local directory, relative to where the file resides in which it is states.

While <> will search in "common" include directories as well.

This way you can distinguish between same name of file (bad practice) and a "generally available" header from the include-library.

Reason: