Import Custom Symbol: json (how to change to csv)

Hi, I am trying to make a custom symbol and import data. However the only option I am getting are json files which I believe are text files. The browser isnt recognizing any txt files. How to change the option from json to csv so I can use the custom symbol. For reference, please check

json option only

Ammar Yaseen:
Hi, I am trying to make a custom symbol and import data. However the only option I am getting are json files which I believe are text files. The browser isnt recognizing any txt files. How to change the option from json to csv so I can use the custom symbol. For reference, please check

You are confusing the custom symbol specifications (Json) and the symbol's data (CSV). Look better and read the documentation.

Alain Verleyen:
You are confusing the custom symbol specifications (Json) and the symbol's data (CSV). Look better and read the documentation.

Please let me know how will I add a CSV file (Import) in MT5 custom symbol. I am adding Karachi STock Exchange 100 daily data which is available in csv file

I was make confusion for custom symbole. What Can l do to make it Well ?

Ammar Yaseen:

Please let me know how will I add a CSV file (Import) in MT5 custom symbol. I am adding Karachi STock Exchange 100 daily data which is available in csv file

READ the documentation please.

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading_advanced/custom_instruments#import_history

Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform allows creating custom financial symbols. You can view charts of such symbols and perform technical analysis , as well as use...

I am using the same method but when I try to enter the document, this comes up. JSON files are empty although I converted csv to json (the files are in download option). In the document you provided, it is showing csv. I am not getting any option at my end

json

You are definitely doing something wrong. Show your open windows properly. Don't overlay them leaving us only to guess. Show or detail your steps to reach that point.

You are probably following the incorrect steps: "Create Custom Symbol" -> "Import" (This is wrong).

You must first create the Custom Symbol. Then after its created, select it and go to the "Bars" or "Ticks" tab, and only then click the "Import Bars" or "Import Ticks" button.

Read the documentation again please.

Fernando Carreiro:

You are definitely doing something wrong. Show your open windows properly. Don't overlay them leaving us only to guess. Show or detail your steps to reach that point.

You are probably following the incorrect steps: "Create Custom Symbol" -> "Import" (This is wrong).

You must first create the Custom Symbol. Then after its created, select it and go to the "Bars" or "Ticks" tab, and only then click the "Import Bars" or "Import Ticks" button.

Read the documentation again please.

Ok I was doing wrong there. I now tried with your way but here is the problem again. The bars are not coming. Where am I wrong here (Please note I changed the format as well)

Ammar Yaseen: Ok I was doing wrong there. I now tried with your way but here is the problem again. The bars are not coming. Where am I wrong here (Please note I changed the format as well)
The CSV file must have a very specific format, according to specific requirements as outlined in the documentation. If your CSV file is not properly formatted according to that specifications, it will not be imported properly and fail.

Fernando Carreiro:
The CSV file must have a very specific format, according to specific requirements as outlined in the documentation. If your CSV file is not properly formatted according to that specifications, it will not be imported properly and fail.

I have tried the format as well but still unable to do it. Can anyone please help me with this. I am attaching the csv file.

Files:
kse_100_data.csv  457 kb

Hi, this work for me and hopefully (surely) will work for you as well.

1. "View" - "Symbols". On the Specification tab, select Custom.

2. "Create Custom Symbol"

3. "Copy from". Select the asset with identical/closest specification to the asset you want to import. For example, you should select BTCUSD if you want to import BTCUSD data from third party.

4. Click "OK' first instead of "Import". This is the critical step. You must click OK first to create the new custom symbol. If you jump to "Import" you would definitely experience the same problem (only *.json file available for the option).

5. Go to Specification-Custom section again, and you will find your new custom symbol. Click on it.

6. Go to "Bar" or "Ticks" tab, according to your need, and then "Import Bars" or "Import Ticks".

7. Now you will find a window appear to you which allow you to browse the data file, including csv file.

8. You know the next step. 

Remember, step 4 is the most important step.

Reason: