No trading operations ?? - page 2

Is there another way than the Validation system to check the EAs that I would like to publish  ?

I mean , is it possible to show directly the source code to a moderator / coder  of MQL5 to ask him/her where the problem comes from ?

Then if I understand the problem, I can modify the source code and pass the Validation system ...

Thanks for your answer.

Jean Christophe Paput:

Is there another way than the Validation system to check the EAs that I would like to publish  ?

I mean , is it possible to show directly the source code to a moderator / coder  of MQL5 to ask him/her where the problem comes from ?

Then if I understand the problem, I can modify the source code and pass the Validation system ...

Thanks for your answer.

As of my understanding, the answer is NO

As of my understanding, if you need a teacher to tell where the error is on your code, than you are not ready yet to support it and publish the EA to others around the world

As if my understanding, the validation procedure is to guarantee a minimum of good quality to sell to others. 

What is so hard?

rrocchi:

As of my understanding, the answer is NO

As of my understanding, if you need a teacher to tell where the error is on your code, than you are not ready yet to support it and publish the EA to others around the world

As if my understanding, the validation procedure is to guarantee a minimum of good quality to sell to others. 

What is so hard?

I'm afraid you didn't understand my question.

Yes, of course ! It's necessary to test the EA before to publish it ! Did I say something else ?

But you probably didn't read that many coders get problems with the " no trading operations "error.

That's why I try to find a way to solve this issue.

Jean Christophe Paput:

I'm afraid you didn't understand my question.

Yes, of course ! It's necessary to test the EA before to publish it ! Did I say something else ?

But you probably didn't read that many coders get problems with the " no trading operations "error.

That's why I try to find a way to solve this issue.

Did you follow this guide?

Tested your EA locally with less than 1 USD?

Tested it locally by passing an invalid lot size to it?

Make sure all those tests succeed locally on the Metatester, and when ALL of them are OK, try to submit it again

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2555

The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market
The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market
  • www.mql5.com
Before any product is published in the Market, it must undergo compulsory preliminary checks in order to ensure a uniform quality standard. This article considers the most frequent errors made by developers in their technical indicators and trading robots. An also shows how to self-test a product before sending it to the Market.

rrocchi:

Did you follow this guide?

Tested your EA locally with less than 1 USD?

Tested it locally by passing an invalid lot size to it?

Make sure all those tests succeed locally on the Metatester, and when ALL of them are OK, try to submit it again

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2555

Thank you for this advice rrocchi. I will try it.

Jean Christophe Paput:
Thank you for this advice rrocchi. I will try it.

Look by this angle: the problem is not your EA itself, but on the several external scenarios and situations, and parameters, combined with thoses scenarios.

and on some of them, it may not be "understanding" or not be prepared to face such situations, so it fails.. But when you run it on the default scenario that you created it, it works.

Try to feed weird data to it on its parameters.. Try to test it on differente leverage levels, etc..

it must be able to handle externally different situations, parameters, money from other currencies, etc..

Then it should pass the submission tests

Good luck testing it

rrocchi:

Look by this angle: the problem is not your EA itself, but on the several external scenarios and situations, and parameters, combined with thoses scenarios.

and on some of them, it may not be "understanding" or not be prepared to face such situations, so it fails.. But when you run it on the default scenario that you created it, it works.

Try to feed weird data to it on its parameters.. Try to test it on differente leverage levels, etc..

it must be able to handle externally different situations, parameters, money from other currencies, etc..

Then it should pass the submission tests

Good luck testing it

That's a very good Idea . I will test different types of situation. Thanks again for your help !

Reason: