How to fully deactivate MQL Storage?

Hi Traders!

I just want to give VisualStudioCode and Github as VersionControl a Try (instead of MQL Storage).

How could i completely disable MQL Storage?

What i've done before:

- I did two Backups of every File in MQL5-Folder

- I read the MQL-Storage help...didn't find a way to disable it.

- I tried to login to https://storage.mql5.io/   hoping, that there would be a possibility to disable it. But with using my mql5 community-Login-Data (as described) the login there doesn't work! How could i do a login there?

- I deleted every file or folder in MetaEditor in Storage in every single Metatrader i have used (FXFlat, JFD...on 2 PCs)

--> Still after a right-click on the navigator the typical "MQLStorage" Menu-Point are shown (although non of these folders are added...only "add" ist shown...rest is greyed out)

--> Ist THIS already the most possible deactivation...or do i need to install all 4 Metatrader again(so that the typical Message is shown to "activate MQL5 Storage" (which i then won't press ;-)) OR could MQL Storage be deactivated otherwise?

Thanks you very much for your help!

Thomas

TWhunter74: I just want to give VisualStudioCode and Github as VersionControl a Try (instead of MQL Storage). How could i completely disable MQL Storage?
You are making things more difficult than they really are. You don't have to disable MQL Storage to be able to use Git. Simply don't use MQL Storage.
  • If you have never activated before, or activated it but never use it before, then there is nothing that needs to be done.
  • If you have used it before, you can opt to use or keep both systems.
  • If you wish to clear the MQL Storage of your files, then first make a backup copy of all you have under your MQL5 folder, then use the option "Delete File or Folder" from the Storage subsection of the right-click context menu. This will delete the selected folders or files from both the MQL5 Storage and the local drive, so you will need to restore that content from you backup again after that.

After this, there is no need to disable the MQL5 Storage. As long as you don't "add" anything to it, that is it!

By the way, the "storage.mql5.io" is working correctly. You are probably not using the correct credentials. Use your MQL5 account "twhunter74", not your email. Access is a bit slow however, so be patient for it to show the initial details.

Hi Fernando!

"After this, there is no need to disable the MQL5 Storage. As long as you don't "add" anything to it, that is it!"

Great...that was what i was hoping for :-)

You're right: the "storage.mql5.io" is working properly with twhunter74 (i used the case sensitive TWhunter74 how i created it...and this doesn't work)...and yes it's extremly slow ;-)

Thank you very much!

Thomas

Reason: