EA open strange lots on Monday market open time

I have ea and it runs on backtest without any issue. There is issue with one scenario.

Scenario 1 : I start ea on Monday then all good (without any past trades).

Scenario 2 : but if I keep past week trades and run continuously on Monday then ea open huge lots. May I know why is that? (if close all past trade on monday  and run ea after that then no issue)

please help here..

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage: I have ea and it runs on backtest without any issue. There is issue with one scenario.

Scenario 1 : I start ea on Monday then all good (without any past trades).

Scenario 2 : but if I keep past week trades and run continuously on Monday then ea open huge lots. May I know why is that? (if close all past trade on monday  and run ea after that then no issue)

Because the ea is "broken" and needs to be fixed! We can only help if you have the source code and are willing to show it.

If you don't have the source code, then we cannot help. You will just have to contact the author.

If you have the code, then consider contacting the author first.

If its your own code, but you don't want to show it, then you will have to start debugging it yourself, or maybe consider showing only the part that you believe to be defective.

Fernando Carreiro:

Because the ea is "broken" and needs to be fixed! We can only help if you have the source code and are willing to show it.

If you don't have the source code, then we cannot help. You will just have to contact the author.

If you have the code, then consider contacting the author first.

If its your own code, but you don't want to show it, then you will have to start debugging it yourself, or maybe consider showing only the part that you believe to be defective.

Thank for your reply. I developed it via freelancer and I dont have source code. so i will contact the developer.

my curious is why ea run without any issue in backtest? and once restart fresh on monday ea run without any issue till next monday.

thank you.

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage: Thank for your reply. I developed it via freelancer and I dont have source code. so i will contact the developer.

my curious is why ea run without any issue in backtest? and once restart fresh on monday ea run without any issue till next monday.

You should never take up a freelance job without source code. Always settle on a job and price with source code included. ALWAYS!

Fernando Carreiro:

You should never take up a freelance job without source code. Always settle on a job and price with source code included. ALWAYS!

that code belongs to developer and strategy is not mine. so i have no rights to ask code.

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage:

that code belongs to developer and strategy is not mine. so i have no rights to ask code.

why backtest didnt show such error?

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage: why backtest didnt show such error?

Because the Strategy Tester environment is not the same as a live account trading! There are differences!

Fernando Carreiro:

Because the Strategy Tester environment is not the same as a live account trading! There are differences!

what if i stop ea on Friday midnight and start Monday day time? will it fix the issue?

BTW i wrote to coder about error. waiting for the reply. 

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage: what if i stop ea on Friday midnight and start Monday day time? will it fix the issue? BTW i wrote to coder about error. waiting for the reply. 

I've already explained, that without source code we can't say what's the problem. All we can say is that the EA is broken and needs to be fixed. It is the freelancer's obligation to fix it.

Fernando Carreiro:

I've already explained, that without source code we can't say what's the problem. All we can say is that the EA is broken and needs to be fixed.

It is the freelancer's obligation to fix it. Did you not say you were going to contact them? What was their response?

I told my issue to him. still no respond.  days gone. 

Darshana Gayan Ranasinghe Yaddehi Arachchilage: I told my issue to him. still no respond.  days gone. 

Let me explain to you something about Copyrights! 

A coder/programmer always holds the Copyright of their code irrespective of whether or not they give you the source code. As the customer, you do not have any rights to it and cannot sell or distribute it and you can only use it privately.

As a programmer myself, I understand that for the security of the customer, they should have the source code. I should not force them to always be bound to me for changes, corrections or improvements. Should I go out of contact, or be injured, or die, the customer must continue and not lose all the money they invested in the project.

As long as the customer does not violate the Copyrights and all the reserved rights of the coder, I believe the customer should get the source code for the jobs they request, and not depend on the coder.

Your situation is an example of what happens when the coder bounds the customer to become dependent on them. It is not a pleasant feeling for the customer and I consider it bad business ethics.

So, in the future when you hire someone to code for you, always inform the coder right at the beginning that you want the source code and that you will abide by the copyright of the coder and use it only for private use.

Reason: