True random generator

Good day. It has been about 15 years since I wrote last line of code. So I wood need at least few month of learning, to do what many of you cud do in 30? min.
Cud anybody help me with my idea, to turn some pseudorandom generator in almost true random generator. Idea goes as fallows: every time, or every session you generate random number, human operator imports .jpg (or other formats) picture. Pseudo random generator, reads x and y axes, and generates 2 numbers accordingly. And gives a result 0-264, but then you shud implement conversion to .gif. Or 24bit number if it's a .jpg. And two options wood be be great. Conversion of result to desirable range, and how many times to repeat process, and give an answer. Example: Game of Jaci. You import picture, first variable 1-6, second - 3. So you throw 3 6 sided dice 3 times.
For my project it's crutually important that it wood be true random. In this case variable that guaranties is Human choice of photo.

Huge thx,
Morisons

Reinis Bernāns: Good day. It has been about 15 years since I wrote last line of code. So I wood need at least few month of learning, to do what many of you cud do in 30? min.
Cud anybody help me with my idea, to turn some pseudorandom generator in almost true random generator. Idea goes as fallows: every time, or every session you generate random number, human operator imports .jpg (or other formats) picture. Pseudo random generator, reads x and y axes, and generates 2 numbers accordingly. And gives a result 0-264, but then you shud implement conversion to .gif. Or 24bit number if it's a .jpg. And two options wood be be great. Conversion of result to desirable range, and how many times to repeat process, and give an answer. Example: Game of Jaci. You import picture, first variable 1-6, second - 3. So you throw 3 6 sided dice 3 times. For my project it's crutually important that it wood be true random. In this case variable that guaranties is Human choice of photo.
Why reinvent the "wheel"? Just use one of several True Random Number Generator Services available on the internet (e.g. random.org). Most of them have an API for their services and many are free.
RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service
  • Mads Haahr
  • www.random.org
RANDOM.ORG offers true random numbers to anyone on the Internet. The randomness comes from atmospheric noise, which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random number algorithms typically used in computer programs.

Fernando Carreiro:
Why reinvent the "wheel"? Just use one of several True Random Number Generator Services available on the internet (e.g. random.org). Most of them have an API for their services and many are free.

It wood be easiest way. But 99% of random generators, as complicated as they are. are tied to something to create seed number. One of oldest and simplest solutions where tie it to computers system clock. So if you wood repeat same process at the same system time, result wood be identical. so it's not true random. If you wood tie it to Broun motion in a teaspoon of water, or in cosmic background noise, it wood be true random. And the fact that user has to input a photo, makes it more fun. He just downloaded nice photo or funny meme, but even he is not able to predict outcome. Just because no one can know what the value of the pixel will be. And he can't predict which pixel will be chosen. From another side. No system can predict which photo will person chose.

Reinis Bernāns:

It wood be easiest way. But 99% of random generators, as complicated as they are. are tied to something to create seed number. One of oldest and simplest solutions where tie it to computers system clock. So if you wood repeat same process at the same system time, result wood be identical. so it's not true random. If you wood tie it to Broun motion in a teaspoon of water, or in cosmic background noise, it wood be true random. And the fact that user has to input a photo, makes it more fun. He just downloaded nice photo or funny meme, but even he is not able to predict outcome. Just because no one can know what the value of the pixel will be. And he can't predict which pixel will be chosen. From another side. No system can predict which photo will person chose.

It looks like you did not read my post properly nor even bother to follow-up on the link I provided and read up on how they generate a True Random Number.

If you are not going to pay attention to the advice given, then we might as as well not respond, because all you want is to do it YOUR WAY!

Good luck!

Reinis Bernāns:
Good day. It has been about 15 years since I wrote last line of code. So I wood need at least few month of learning, to do what many of you cud do in 30? min.
Cud anybody help me with my idea, to turn some pseudorandom generator in almost true random generator. Idea goes as fallows: every time, or every session you generate random number, human operator imports .jpg (or other formats) picture. Pseudo random generator, reads x and y axes, and generates 2 numbers accordingly. And gives a result 0-264, but then you shud implement conversion to .gif. Or 24bit number if it's a .jpg. And two options wood be be great. Conversion of result to desirable range, and how many times to repeat process, and give an answer. Example: Game of Jaci. You import picture, first variable 1-6, second - 3. So you throw 3 6 sided dice 3 times.
For my project it's crutually important that it wood be true random. In this case variable that guaranties is Human choice of photo.

Huge thx,
Morisons

I use GetTickCount() to get a random number e.g. 0 - 99:

uint rdInt = (uint)GetTickCount() % 100;
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount
  • www.mql5.com
GetTickCount - Common Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Since 15 years you say?

Things have changed a little.
Read up:

True quantum random generator

Edit:
Which is less a generator than a sensor.

Reinis Bernāns:

Huge thx,
Morisons

And how much time you wrote in English ?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Please don't write ur - it's "you are" or "your"

Keith Watford, 2014.03.04 23:15

I am noticing more instances of poster's using "texting" style language creeping into the forum.

Can I respectfully ask that posters use the English language?

Not everyone's native language is English and your posts may just seem like nonsense to them.

Reason: