adding to array

Hi everyone,

For the first time i would like to use an array in my EA but i have no idea how to do it. I read a lot about the topic but I still don't understand how it actually works so I hope someone could be so kind to give me a push in the right direction.

what i want to achieve :

At the close of every candle I have a variable X that contains either 0 or 1, based on some calculated actions. I would like to push this value in the last position of an Array[3] so I could read the results from the last three candle calculations at the end of each candle

so if the last three values of X were 0 (candle close -2),1 (candle close -1) and 0 (last candle close) I would like to do Y = Array[2]+"-"+Array[1]+"-"+Array[0] , so in this case the result would be 0-1-0

basically at each candle close i have a new X value so i need to get rid of the oldest position, move the other two one up and fill (last candle close) with the new X value.

How could I do this?

Thank you all for any kind of help, it would be highly appreciated..

giobenoni :

Hi everyone,

For the first time i would like to use an array in my EA but i have no idea how to do it. I read a lot about the topic but I still don't understand how it actually works so I hope someone could be so kind to give me a push in the right direction.

what i want to achieve :

At the close of every candle I have a variable X that contains either 0 or 1, based on some calculated actions. I would like to push this value in the last position of an Array[3] so I could read the results from the last three candle calculations at the end of each candle

so if the last three values of X were 0 (candle close -2),1 (candle close -1) and 0 (last candle close) I would like to do Y = Array[2]+"-"+ Array[1]+"-"+ Array[0] , so in this case the result would be 0-1-0

basically at each candle close i have a new X value so i need to get rid of the oldest position, move the other two one up and fill (last candle close) with the new X value.

How could I do this?

Thank you all for any kind of help, it would be highly appreciated..

The best option is to write an indicator. The indicator can visualize a line (or three lines).

Alternatively in a EA, on each new bar, shift the existing values and set the new value in [0].

int array[];
   int as=5;
   ArrayResize(array,as);
   for(int x=0; x<as; x++)
      array[x]=x;

string text;
   for(int x=0; x<as; x++)
      text+=(string)array[x]+"  ";
   Print(text);

ArraySetAsSeries(array,true);
   ArrayResize(array,as-1);
   ArraySetAsSeries(array,false);