Failed to copy data from the indicator, error code 4806

Hi anyone,

I received this message from EA while running it in the VPS: "Failed to copy data from the indicator, error code 4806"

it was running ok for first hour.

What causing this and how could I fix it?

I've retried to restart the VPS and migrates.

Thanks,

Kamal

Hi @kamalisxlayer,

I have the same problem. I apply an EA on timeframe H1, but I get the same error if I apply it on timeframe M30.

Were you able to solve?

Thank you very much.

kamalisxlayer: What causing this and how could I fix it?
  1. Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Always post all relevant code (using Code button) or attach the source file.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code.

2. With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

Don't rush to claim that you have found a bug.
    Questions Not To Ask
              My program doesn't work. I think system facility X is broken.

It is almost always your code.

3. My only guess is that you didn't properly save your indicator handle(s).

Perhaps you should read the manual, especially the examples.
          How To Interpret Answers.
             RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

They all (including iCustom) return a handle (an int). You get that in OnInit. In OnTick/OnCalculate (after the indicator has updated its buffers), you use the handle, shift and count to get the data.
              Technical Indicators - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              How to start with MQL5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 3 #22 (2020)
              How to start with MQL5 - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 7 #61 (2020)
              MQL5 for Newbies: Guide to Using Technical Indicators in Expert Advisors - MQL5 Articles (2010)
              How to call indicators in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles (2010)

Hello @William Roeder ,
You have right! I apologize. I will read with attention I link you indicate.

I think to have discovered the problem, but first I would like to do supplementary controls.

Thank you for your time and thank you for the documentation provide me.