Quotations, thoughts and ideas of famous people about trading, investing and success. - page 2

Five fundamental truths: 

1. Anything can happen.
2. You don't need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.

5. Eveiy moment in the market is unique.

"MASTER THE MARKET WITH CONFIDENCE, DISCIPLINE AND A WINNING ATTITUDE" book by MARK DOUGLAS

Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.                   W. Clement Stone

Great ideas mean nothing without world-class willpower to get the big ideas done.                                                           Robin Sharma

in business, i've discoverd that my purpose is to do my
best to my utmost ability every day. That's my standard.

author: Donald Trump

Passion is the secret to persistence.

Once you fall in love with a vision,

it’s not possible to give up.”                                                 Robin Sharma

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest

-Benjamin Franklin 

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ― Jim Rohn

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."     Mark Twain

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

-William Shakespeare

no sure if he was into trading do.

"How you deal with failure is at least as important as how you deal with success."

Paraphrasing I think, and I do not remember who said it first.  But if someone else didn't in fact say it, then please give me credit for it.

(While checking on this, I found the following quote from W. C. Fields)

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.”
― W.C. Fields

W.C. Fields
W.C. Fields
  • W.C. Fields, Ronald J. Fields (Commentary)
  • www.goodreads.com
Author of Fields for President, W.C. Fields by Himself, I Never Met a Kid I Liked, Drat! Being the Encapsulated View of Life by W. C. Fields in His Own Words, Three Films of W.C. Fields, Drat W. C. Fields Book, W.C. Fields In The Bank Dick, W.C. Fields in 'Poppy', Never trust a man who doesn't drink, and W. C. Fields
Reason: