Testing a function or code along the way

Hi! is there any software or app that can test a function or a block of code? I want to write and test along, block by block or function by function so that I know when am getting it right. it seems MQL built-in strategy tester tests the whole program. I will appreciate a help. I am still new to EA coding.

jpsam: Hi! is there any software or app that can test a function or a block of code? I want to write and test along, block by block or function by function so that I know when am getting it right. it seems MQL built-in strategy tester tests the whole program. I will appreciate a help. I am still new to EA coding.

Strategy Tester is for testing out the results of the entire code, especially by testing the trading results and workings of the strategy, just as the name says.

To test and evaluate the code itself (be it its functionality or quality), use the Debugger and the Profiler in the MetaEditor.

Code debugging - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
Code debugging - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaEditor has a built-in debugger allowing you to check a program execution step by step (by individual functions). Place breakpoints in the code...