After update to latest windows 10 updates version 20H2, all indicators failed

Hi,

This was just happened after my windows 10 has been updated to version 20H2. All the MT4 indicators stop working and I proceed to reinstall but it will deduct 1 activation from my indicators.

This  is the same computer I am using, why reinstall the indicator will deduct 1 activation?

Regards

J

johnlyj:

Hi,

This was just happened after my windows 10 has been updated to version 20H2. All the MT4 indicators stop working and I proceed to reinstall but it will deduct 1 activation from my indicators.

This  is the same computer I am using, why reinstall the indicator will deduct 1 activation?

Regards

J

Do you have problems using your purchased trading tools at your Metatrader terminal? Do you use Windows 10 and made recently a major update?

If yes, we're facing an issue with the MQL licensing and you'll find several error messages in the Experts or Journal Tab of your MT4.

In case you see errors regarding the license management I recommend the following:

1. Delete the tools from the Navigator of your MT4

2. Restart your MT4

3. Reinstall the products from the MQL5 market

I recommend installing it via the Market Tab of your terminal

Here is a written tutorial with screenshots for every step https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/498#allproducts

and here you'll find a video tutorial that explains the process in all details as well

and here is some background information about this recurring issues with activation after major Windows updates

The issue is related to the way how Metaquotes provides licenses and ties them to your operating system. You need one activation per computer/operating system and your Windows 10 installation provides a unique ID that is used to activate the license.

If you reinstall your computer the new Windows installation does have it's own new unique ID. So the previously activated tool does not work anymore and while installing it from the market it uses a new activation for your new unique OS ID. This is necessary to prevent market tools from being copied illegally from computer to computer.

The real problem comes from Windows itself. If they provide a major OS update this changes the unique OS ID as well and all activated products become useless. Metaquotes is aware of that and usually credits one more activation for every tool when a major Windows update has been published.

This is just the technical explanation of how it works and if you like to discuss this in detail I suggest contacting the Metaquotes Service Desk because this entire topic and mechanism is their responsibility and there is nothing we, or any other publisher, can do about it.

Hope this helps to understand what's going on.

Best regards
Daniel

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release

MetaQuotes, 2021.03.08 10:01

Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2. This update affects configurations and encryption keys, similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect Market products, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. Unfortunately, the update will make the launch of previously installed and activated Market applications impossible. Such applications will require a new activation because all products are bound to an operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market, regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004).

Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 Version 20H2 Update. Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

Reason: