MT4 hung when loaded after Windows 7 update (KB3001554)

Hi everyone,

After installing new update from Microsoft, I started the MT4 as usual but it hung, the alert message is attached. However, this hung problem is intermittent, sometimes ok sometimes not.

Before the update mentioned above, it was alright.

Now, tried to do the same by uninstall and re-installed but same problem.

Tried using different broker, still problem is the same. I found out when I load an EA, it will hang immediately.

Pls take note, the hung is more apparent when it loads my indicators. Plain charts have no hanging problem. Also, before the updates, the indicators and EA works perfectly.

Anyone has the same problem as I do?

Files:
Picture1.png  244 kb

pastecopy:

Hi everyone,

After installing new update from Microsoft, I started the MT4 as usual but it hung, the alert message is attached. However, this hung problem is intermittent, sometimes ok sometimes not.

Tried using different broker, still problem is the same. I found out when I load an EA, it will hang immediately.

Pls take note, the hung is more apparent when it loads my indicators. Plain charts have no hanging problem. Also, before the updates, the indicators and EA works perfectly.

Why not remove the KB3001554 update if you are sure this cause the problem ?

pastecopy:

Hi everyone,

1. Try install a new MT4 terminal on different folder. not in drive (c) program files. Maybe desktop..

2. If it still persist then contact the author of the EA to update his algorithms, probably some bugs in the coding.

I hope it helps :)

angevoyageur:
Why not remove the KB3001554 update if you are sure this cause the problem ?

Thank you for your reply. MT4 functions with no problem after system restore by removing the update.

Now the conflict is that this is a critical Windows 7 update, without it my PC might be vulnerable to security threats. How do we make a complaint? To Windows or MetaTrader?

Thank you,

Roszey:

1. Try install a new MT4 terminal on different folder. not in drive (c) program files. Maybe desktop..

2. If it still persist then contact the author of the EA to update his algorithms, probably some bugs in the coding.

I hope it helps :)

thank you for you reply. The MT4 is already at other than the default folder.

pastecopy:

Hi all just found out KB3001554 is not a critical update but a DVD playback update, so can ignore.

Thank you

pastecopy:
Ok, try defragment your pc. But i will advice you contact the EA author since it the expert advisor freezes your MT4 terminal. i had this same problem once i only wait for the update of the product.

pastecopy:

Thank you for your reply. MT4 functions with no problem after system restore by removing the update.

Now the conflict is that this is a critical Windows 7 update, without it my PC might be vulnerable to security threats. How do we make a complaint? To Windows or MetaTrader?

Thank you,

You can probably report this to both company. Metaquotes ServiceDesk.

Check Windows system logs (events) - perhaps they contain some clues for what happened.

IDK if it will help. Try to delete profile file that you use.

angevoyageur:
You can probably report this to both company. Metaquotes ServiceDesk.
Thank you will do
Reason: