BUGS IN Metatrader 4 on Windows 7 64 - bit

When trying to copy some code with right button or Ctrl-C from Meta Editor it crashes. On Windows XP 32 bit there is no such problem.

Can you fix it. It is for 6 months or more this bug, isn't enough people to check for bugs, or all efforts are on this s.... version MT5?

KRTA:

When trying to copy some code with right button or Ctrl-C from Meta Editor it crashes. On Windows XP 32 bit there is no such problem.

Can you fix it. It is for 6 months or more this bug, isn't enough people to check for bugs, or all efforts are on this s.... version MT5?

This bug is fixed in build 409. What build do you use?

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

Hi, I am having the same problem - everytime I go to ctrl-C Meta Editor crashes. I am using build 409. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jon

jon664:
Hi, I am having the same problem - everytime I go to ctrl-C Meta Editor crashes. I am using build 409. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jon
What folder is MT4 installed in ?

@ RaptorUK - it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader

jon664:
@ RaptorUK - it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader
It's probably a UAC issue . . . the most simple solution for most people is to install MT4 in a folder other than Program Files * . . . maybe C:\MT4 Installs\

jon664:
  1. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7
  2. Don't ctrl-C - right click -> copy ("Doctor, it hurts when I do that." "Then don't do that" :)

@WHRoeder - sorry should have pointed this out but I have tried installing into a different directory but to no avail - other than a different folder, I've tried straight to the root drive, a different drive etc but it still crashes. The only thing that has worked and has preventing the crashing is having an already open mq4 file when I first open the editor...... if anyone has any other suggestions on what else may permanently fix this, do let me know. Thanks, Jon.

Hillderek:

At long last I think I have discovered a workaround to this problem.

After starting MetaEditor you must first use CTRL/C on any file that is currently open. From then on I find that it works fine.

The problem occurs when, after starting MetaEditor, you open a file and use CTRL/C for the first time after starting MetaEditor within that file. So, soon after starting MetaEditor get into the habit of using CTRL/C on an already open file, i.e. a file that was being used last time you were in MetaEditor.

This problem has been around for over 3 years now, come on MetaQuotes why have you not solved it yet???

Derek

from

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/121722/page2

Just thought I'd finish off the topic with some further observations I came across:

Different versions of MT4 with different brokers have different results in solving this.

e.g. I downloaded the GO MARKETs version which came direct from the MQ website. The "install in a different directory" solution didnt work with this one. BUT it did work with the VANTAGE FX version I downloaded from the broker.

BUT the leaving a script open solution worked for both. Anyway my 2 cents to help anyone else that may come across this issue and want a resolution.

Reason: