* Time until debugging starts <> 40 Seconds, whereby it needs 21 seconds to compile. Builds before 2860 need 3 seconds (all without optimizations - of course)
* Chart freezes just like that when using indicators and EA same time in same chart. Not always, not on every computer, just sometimes on some. The last recognizable chart-event is CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE, after that, the candles do not move anymore. Remove of EA or indicator brings the chart back to life. No such problems ever seen with any build before 2860, not possible to debug the issue. It does not matter if I compile indicators and EA with build 2755 or with 2875, the result is always the same as soon as 2875 is used to work with.
* Debugger produces errors I never saw before - since years:
* Local variables can still not be found while editing (auto-completion, known since >1year, older builds as well)
* Editor crashes when typing between braces of function calls - not always, just sometimes, mainly with such functions which have been defined recently, never with "old" functions (known since >1 year, older builds as well)
Due to the circumstance, that users cannot decide if they want the update or not, more than 15 monthly paying clients already quitted. The financial damage is growing day by day. Our only change to survive this, is, to explain all customers, how to go back to an older release and highly recommend, to not update MT5 anymore until these huge issues are solved.
I was asking for a detailed list of changes, but got no response from MetaQuotes. Once again: We are developers, not users. When elementary stuff is changed, it should be explained somewhere. Without such informations about every single detail, damage is always the logical consequence for some developers. And there were many details and it's not the first time that we lose clients because of that and not the first time, that we spend days and nights to figure out what´s going on. But especially since build 2860, MT5 is a total mess and disaster for us.
@MetaQuotes - please respond and help.
Issue #2 - details
In the meanwhile, after some hours of creating test-codes and tracking Print-commands, we could figure out that:
1. All evens are stopped, within the EA as well as in the indicator. The code does not crash, not in the EA, nor in the indicator, the execution of the code is stopped entirely, no events occur at all, also not OnCalculate() or OnTick(), absolutely none.
2. Both, EA and indicator use OnTimer() and OnChartEvent(). Both lock and unlock the chart. The execution is not stopped after such a chart-locking or unlocking, its independent from that.
3. As soon as one of the two is unloaded, the chart-candles update again, and the events are fired again. In between: All death. No execution of nothing.
4. To provoke this "pausing", a kind of heavy changing of the chart (move view, rescale, zoom etc.) is necessary, it takes a while, but it steps out. Unfortunately this happens not on my own computer (main development machine), but on the PCs of my other developers.
The fact, that whether an EA nor an indicator has any possibility to prevent the chart-candles from being updated, confirms, that this is an internal issue of MetaTrader itself and not of the EA or indicator code. Again: It works without problems below build 2860. MetaTrader does not crash here, all buttons, other charts and so can still be clicked/changed etc. without delay. Here is also a picture of the MT Task manger. All listed charts use the same EA. Only the yellow one contains an indicator as described. The chart seems to be "held", "paused".
What I can offer is the source code of the indicator, but we talk about <>25.000 lines of code due to the usage of lots of class-libraries. No chance to really understand whats going on, but maybe helpful for debugging. And besides this the executable version of the EA, but no source code. Anyway, its <>150.000 lines of code.
Can you provide your source doe for investigation to me to Ilyas (it would be better)?
I been sending you a private message. Thanks a lot.
Build 2881 - All the same.
Also compile/start of debugger which is still 10 times slower than every build before 2860.
Is this why mine says "Not Responding" and hangs for about 10 seconds when I close the platform?
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.