Send Information to the Clipboard

Hi there,

I am currently working on an EA that will allow me to do automated trading on Binary Options. It seems that there are limited brokers available with APIs or options for interfacing with their platform, so I would like to build a macro that I can trigger from MT5 to do this for me.

Although I have the signal generator, pretty much under control, I cannot find sufficient information on how to send data to the clipboard to act as a trigger. Is there someone that maybe have some sample code on how to do this or know of a method on getting information from MT5 to the clipboard?

Thank you for any help.

astera:

Hi there,

I am currently working on an EA that will allow me to do automated trading on Binary Options. It seems that there are limited brokers available with APIs or options for interfacing with their platform, so I would like to build a macro that I can trigger from MT5 to do this for me.

Although I have the signal generator, pretty much under control, I cannot find sufficient information on how to send data to the clipboard to act as a trigger. Is there someone that maybe have some sample code on how to do this or know of a method on getting information from MT5 to the clipboard?

Thank you for any help.

what you want? you should explain more.

astera:

Hi there,

Thank you for any help.

Search engine ?

Makeprofitsuper:
what you want? you should explain more.

Hi,

Thanks for answering. Basically all I need to do is to be able to send a string (that will contain information that I will use in a macro) to the clipboard as soon as a signal is triggered in MT5. The Macro will be monitoring the contents of the clipboard and as soon as new information is added to the clipboard, it will fire a specific Macro, that will trade on the Binary Option Broker's web page. That is in a nutshell what I would like to do.

If you know of any other method, I would be very interested.

Thank you.

angevoyageur:
Search engine ?

I have tried all of those suggestions, but they seem quite cumbersome. I was thinking that there was probably easier ways to get this done now as those comments were suggested 4 years ago. I am still a bit new to MQL5, but progressing well.

Thanks,

Alternatively, I could also make use of a WindowsMessage to trigger the Macro, which may be easier. If anybody has some sample code on how to send a WindowsMessage from MQL5 that would also help a lot.

Thanks,

No one with any suggestions on this?
Reason: