MT4 platform with multiple accounts

Hi,

I have 2 MT4 real accounts at the same broker (ICM) and 2 EA. I want to run one EA on one account and the 2nd for the 2nd account. I've notice that they doesn't work separately. The EA's are overlapping when I switch the accounts. There is a way to manage this? Thanks 

Pavelino:

Hi,

I have 2 MT4 real accounts at the same broker (ICM) and 2 EA. I want to run one EA on one account and the 2nd for the 2nd account. I've notice that they doesn't work separately. The EA's are overlapping when I switch the accounts. There is a way to manage this? Thanks 

Yes, you should use MQL5 VPS.

Right click in your account number in the Navigator window >> Register a Virtual Server.

Pavelino:

Hi,

You COULD use MT5, but why would you want the pain.

Both MT4 and MT5 can only open one account at the same time. If you switch accounts then your EA will usually stop (that can be changed in Tools>Options>Expert Advisors>Disable automated trading when ...) but you can still only operate the EA on the open account. In your case you have separate EAs but you can still only operate on the open account.

You really just need 2 separate installations of MT4 and run one account in each. Separate because you also can't just open the same MT4 installation twice. You can either run the installation again and take care to change the installation path or search online for instructions to run multiple accounts and clone your installation.

Reason: