Expert Advisor / Algo - Backtesting Scam - page 2

Moon Drops:

No, I am not blaming mql5 for your service, your website is actually very good! And I am profitable with alot of EAs I bought here already.

I just thought it would be better if the programs gets more filtered to prevent any programming scams from happening.

But yeah at the end of the day it is Buy at your own risk thing.

I am public moderator (I am just explaining my personal optinion which I am expressing/posting during the more than 10 years here).

If you believe that an EA has been designed pre-programmed with historical data ive heard of people doing certain tests to catch this out. I've heard of history shifting and Symbol shifting. This is when you shift the dates back 28 years (so the days and weekends align) but the chart data is the same, here you can see if certain dates have been preprogrammed as the results in theory should be the same. Symbol shift from what I hear is using a certain pairs history data but with another pairs name to see if they attempted to cover the history shift. I don't know the details as I havent done this personally but I know its helped a few people. Hope this helps! 

Sorry for the silly question. I am not a programmer. I ask if the libraries of functions, procedures, classes, and objects, provided by the MQL language, to build Expert Advisors, give the EA, in a backtesting environment, the ability to read in full the historical data corresponding to the same backtest execution period, before the test begins? I think that a backtesting environment should work according to the moving head theory, that by advancing instant by instant it provides the EA instant by instant, only the data that in real time the head reads. If an EA during the start of backtesting can already see the data it will have to operate on, it is easy for a fraudster to exploit this weakness to create fraudulent software.

Benjamin #: the ability to read in full … before the test begins?

Tester insures that at least 100 bars are available. Normally loads 1000 bars.

If you really want more, start all the way back and program the EA to ignore ticks until a certain date.

William Roeder #:

Tester insures that at least 100 bars are available. Normally loads 1000 bars.

Thus, as I surmised the backtesting environment of MT4 and MT5 is corrupt and cannot offer a guarantee of reliability because it allows the creation of sham EAs that can manipulate this weakness to their advantage. All assurance for the buyer falls away, and it can undermine the reputation of honest EA creators.
Reason: