Windows Update MT4 Expert ex4 files are unusable

Hello fellow traders,

I had a windows update recently and all my expert advisors that I had purchased became unusable. The error I got on MT4 was that is unable to load the file.

I have a few issues with this.

1. I had to re-download the expert causing me to lose an activation. I saw comments on forum that mql5 will provide an extra activation later on. That is nice of them. However, that is not the true problem.

2. True problem: I had V1 of the expert that I used. Author released different versions leading upto V4 which was a completely different expert with all the changes. I had a backup of V1 version which I used until windows update and I was happy with that. V1 is now unreadable by MT4 after the update. Now if I re-download and loose an activation I will still not be able to get the V1, the download will take place with V4. I will only be able to use the latest version which is not what I paid for.

Is there anyway I can make those old files readable again by MT4?

P.S. I tried changing the computer name to old computer name prior to update but that did not work.

What are the settings in the computer that can be changed so that those old files can be read by MT4 again?

What kind of hardware + software data is compiled in ex4 files that can be changed to make those files usable again?

Looking forward to some brilliant ideas. 

Sometimes due to updating Windows along with updating MT4 version. Old version of EA may not be executable. Therefore, authors need to update EA/Indicator/etc from time to time to support latest version of MT4. 
For your case, you may contact to author to see whether he/she can help you for your issue.

Chui Yu Lui:
Sometimes due to updating Windows along with updating MT4 version. Old version of EA may not be executable. Therefore, authors need to update EA/Indicator/etc from time to time to support latest version of MT4. 
For your case, you may contact to author to see whether he/she can help you for your issue.
Thank you. I have already tried that and some have helped out and some did not respond. I am hoping to see if there is any technical solution that someone has tried out.

Dhruv Patel:

Is there anyway I can make those old files readable again by MT4?

You can not change old version to be readable on PC.
You can contact with the seller asking him for advice

Dhruv Patel:
Thank you. I have already tried that and some have helped out and some did not respond. I am hoping to see if there is any technical solution that someone has tried out.

Sorry to tell you that only seller/ developer can help you.

It is because they need some code change to compatible with latest version of MT4.

Reason: