Using Indicators bought in store in EAs

Hi All,

I think this is a fairly simple question, but somehow I cannot find the info anywhere.  I know that when I buy an indicator in the store, then the code is locked and I cannot view it.  What I want to know, is can I write an EA that uses the indicator?  For example if I buy a simple indicator that is always showing 1 for buy or 0 for sell, can I write my EA in such a way as to access this information from the chart?

Many thanks! 

belido:
using iCustom?
mattshaw:

Hi All,

I think this is a fairly simple question, but somehow I cannot find the info anywhere.  I know that when I buy an indicator in the store, then the code is locked and I cannot view it.  What I want to know, is can I write an EA that uses the indicator?  For example if I buy a simple indicator that is always showing 1 for buy or 0 for sell, can I write my EA in such a way as to access this information from the chart?

Many thanks! 

double F1 = iCustom(NULL,0,"Fisher",10,0,0);

mattshaw:

Hi All,

Many thanks! 

Hi Matt,

not all indicators provide accessible buffers for EA developers and if you find no clear information it's better to ask the publisher of the product.

If the product provides accessible buffers you can use iCustom as suggested above and some of the publisher deliver complete code snippets for a fast implementation of their products.

Best regards

Daniel 

blueball:

Hi Matt,

not all indicators provide accessible buffers for EA developers and if you find no clear information it's better to ask the publisher of the product.

If the product provides accessible buffers you can use iCustom as suggested above and some of the publisher deliver complete code snippets for a fast implementation of their products.

Best regards

Daniel 

Ok, so it changes on a case by case basis, check with the developer.  That makes sense.  Thank-you for the answer Daniel! I wish I had posted here first before spending an hour googling :D