Full trading history prior to subsccripion?!

Hi folks,

I am new on the platform and at the moment researching what trader/strategy to follow. To do this I need  access to top N  trader/strategy past 6-12 months trading history in order to run my own performance simulations. Was, however, taken aback  when discovered that one needs to be  subscribed (pay) for the system to access this data. Am I  missing something obvious here? Clearly when one compares hundreds of strategies no one in their right mind would want to pay for each individual system just for the privilege of running tests!

Thank you

It was already discussed on this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/362671
very bad: Disabled download of Signal history trades
very bad: Disabled download of Signal history trades
  • www.mql5.com
Dear MQL5 team, since today the download of previous trades of a MT5 signal is disabled...

AlexMQL888:

Hi folks,

I am new on the platform and at the moment researching what trader/strategy to follow. To do this I need  access to top N  trader/strategy past 6-12 months trading history in order to run my own performance simulations. Was, however, taken aback  when discovered that one needs to be  subscribed (pay) for the system to access this data. Am I  missing something obvious here? Clearly when one compares hundreds of strategies no one in their right mind would want to pay for each individual system just for the privilege of running tests!

Thank you

Unfortunately, this is something that Metaquotes introduced recently. Prior to that you could access all closed trades history.

Why anyone at Metaquotes could think that this is a good idea, god only knows!

There have been a few topics regarding this and I think that most if not all potential subscribers agree with you.

Keith Watford:

Unfortunately, this is something that Metaquotes introduced recently. Prior to that you could access all closed trades history.

Why anyone at Metaquotes could think that this is a good idea, god only knows!

There have been a few topics regarding this and I think that most if not all potential subscribers agree with you.

Sergey Golubev:
It was already discussed on this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/362671

Thank you for the clarification,  I will continue periodically checking if Metaquotes came to their senses by enabling this feature back, until then, I am off to explore other platforms. Ta!

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount64
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount64
  • www.mql5.com
GetTickCount64 - Common Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: