Files and Terminal Global Variables on VPS

I have never had any need to use VPS so I have minimal knowledge about it.

So I have some questions that I hope somebody knows the answer to....

When you migrate to VPS is the whole terminal migrated so that any EAs or indicators will still be able to access any existing Terminal GVs or files (including files in the common folder).

If the EA/Indicators update/create files or Terminal GVs while on VPS do these get migrated back to the computer when the VPS is closed?

It is what I found -

from the rules:

During the synchronization, the client terminal's active environment migrates to the rented Virtual terminal. The client terminal's active environment includes:
  • active symbol charts Expert Advisors are launched on. Up to 32 charts are allowed to be migrated for a fee-based hosting, while for a free hosting the maximum number of migrated charts is 16,
  • built-in and custom indicators launched on the charts an Expert Advisor is launched on,
  • custom Expert Advisors launched on charts (up to 32 ones on a fee-based hosting and up to 16 ones on a free one),
  • the terminal settings set in FTP, Email, Signals, Notifications tabs as well as WebRequest permissions from Expert Advisors settings.

If more than 32 charts with launched Expert Advisors are active on a fee-based hosting account (more than 16 charts for a free hosting one), the charts exceeding the limit are not migrated during synchronization and the appropriate message appears in the Journal.

Synchronization between User's client terminal and a rented Virtual one is performed by User's request. No automatic update of the Virtual terminal's active environment is performed.

In order to control the rented Virtual terminal operation, a User can receive Expert Advisors' and terminal's logs as well as load monitoring data via MetaTrader client terminal.

No DLLs are allowed on a Virtual terminal. There is no physical capacity to use DLLs there.

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
The page contains the rules of using the Virtual Hosting service (Virtual Hosting Cloud): general provisions, virtual hosting rental conditions, payment terms, as well as violations entailing termination of service.

and about the files:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS and txt

Rashid Umarov , 2019.02.13 15:52

To transfer your own files to MetaTrader VPS, you need to specify the propert compiler in the code. It requires a certain level of ownership of the subject. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

VPS and txt

Slava , 2019.02.13 15:52

To transfer a file to a hosting server (as well as a tester agent), you need to use the directive

#property tester_file "<file_name>"

----------------

It is what I could find about/related to it.

Thanks Sergey.

I'm guessing then that the file folder is not automatically migrated and the computer terminal has no access to any files created by an EA while running on VPS.

Keith Watford #:

Thanks Sergey.

I'm guessing then that the file folder is not automatically migrated and the computer terminal has no access to any files created by an EA while running on VPS.

were you able to confirm this? @Keith Watford

Keith Watford #:

Thanks Sergey.

All Files created by will not be migrated. 

If you have your own VPS, then you can migrate everything . But the migration has be manual. 

If your hands are tight with working on VPS and then you can hire an expert from freelance section to help you with migration.

Reason: