Converting MQL5 scripts to Python 3.8

Hello,

Is there any tool etc. to convert MQL5 scripts to Python.

If not, is there any tutorial or guideline to explain how MQL5 structures can be converted into Python. 

Currently I am trying to convert ATR adaptive SMA.mq5  to Python but I am stuck as I am quite new to MQL5. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Can

canatan:

Hello,

Is there any tool etc. to convert MQL5 scripts to Python.

If not, is there any tutorial or guideline to explain how MQL5 structures can be converted into Python. 

Currently I am trying to convert ATR adaptive SMA.mq5  to Python but I am stuck as I am quite new to MQL5. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Can

Hi canatan, how are you?

Metatrader has a "MetaTrader module for integration with Python," which makes it easy to build a python script.

Also, I have developed a library that uses Metatrader module to try to reduce the boilerplate code and make easy to code an expert advisor using python.

Perhaps it might help you.

It only work on Windows.

Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader for Python - Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Thanks for the quick response.

I am not keen on integration with Metatrader as I built my bot on pure Python.

I would be happy to see if there is a sample code which is translation of MQL5 script into Python. I am excluding any visual representation and only focusing on indicators.

Joao Paulo Euko:

Hi canatan, how are you?

Metatrader has a "MetaTrader module for integration with Python," which makes it easy to build a python script.

Also, I have developed a library that uses Metatrader module to try to reduce the boilerplate code and make easy to code an expert advisor using python.

Perhaps it might help you.

It only work on Windows.

Reason: