EA on multiple accounts

Hi. I have a questions about how EAs work with VPS and multiple accounts.

1. I have one intallation of MT5 with one account with a broker under my name, and another account wwith the same broker under another name (its my brothers account).

2. I bought one EA that has 10 activations. I bought it with my mql5 account.

3.- I have set a VPS for the first account in which I have the EA running.

My question is. Can I set another VPS for the second account, and run the same EA? will it consume an activation?

Leo Cuéllar:

Hi. I have a questions about how EAs work with VPS and multiple accounts.

1. I have one intallation of MT5 with one account with a broker under my name, and another account wwith the same broker under another name (its my brothers account).

2. I bought one EA that has 10 activations. I bought it with my mql5 account.

3.- I have set a VPS for the first account in which I have the EA running.

My question is. Can I set another VPS for the second account, and run the same EA? will it consume an activation?

An Activation will be consumed for every new account number you plug the EA to. So yes..

Joe Varcoe:
An Activation will be consumed for every new account number you plug the EA to. So yes..
Thanks a lot. I'm glad to know that it can be done. 

Joe Varcoe:

No it won't.

Activations are used per device, not account numbers.

You can use it with multiple account numbers on the same device.

Keith Watford:

No it won't.

Oh that's great. Can I use it in multiple Vps instances? 

Leo Cuéllar:
Oh that's great. Can I use it in multiple Vps instances? 

If its not MQL5 VPS then you need to consume activation as it is considered new machine

Keith Watford:

No it won't.

Oh I see, I was mistaken then. Thanks for the info.

hi i a, using mt5 on demo with multiple demo accounts when i switch between accounts the ea & chart i set follows to the next accounts, im trying to run tests on different eas on on different accounts but they just seem to copy when i switch accounts. can anyone help with this, thanks

ColinTrade301 #:
hi i a, using mt5 on demo with multiple demo accounts when i switch between accounts the ea & chart i set follows to the next accounts, im trying to run tests on different eas on on different accounts but they just seem to copy when i switch accounts. can anyone help with this, thanks

if you want to run tests on 2 accounts, then, you need to have 2X metatraders installed. They will NOT run the eas if metatrader is closed or if you change the account, the first account will not open new trades until you change account again.

Reason: