Trade event & Pending Orders

Is it possible for an EA to 'catch' a pending order  (using the Trade Event?) just before it is about to be executed, so that it can be checked to see its values are still relevant?

jimbernice:
Is it possible for an EA to 'catch' a pending order  (using the Trade Event?) just before it is about to be executed, so that it can be checked to see its values are still relevant?

If it's BEFORE the pending order is about to be executed, you don't need a trade event, it doesn't exist yet.

Pending orders are manageable with OrdersTotal(), OrderGetInteger(), OrderGetDouble() functions.

angevoyageur:

If it's BEFORE the pending order is about to be executed, you don't need a trade event, it doesn't exist yet.

Pending orders are manageable with OrdersTotal(), OrderGetInteger(), OrderGetDouble() functions.

Thanks for your answer.

I guess I really need a pre-trade event, which will alert my EA that a pending order is about to be executed so that it can check the price and indicators and delete the order if it is obsolete or  execute it if all is well.

I can write code to do this, but I was hoping there might be an existing type of event I could use.

jimbernice:

Thanks for your answer.

I guess I really need a pre-trade event, which will alert my EA that a pending order is about to be executed so that it can check the price and indicators and delete the order if it is obsolete or  execute it if all is well.

I can write code to do this, but I was hoping there might be an existing type of event I could use.

There is no such event, one way to code it can be with a Custom event.
Reason: