SEFC084 Repainting

Hi

I have been using the SEFC084 custom indicator and found out that it repaints but I have two questions on this;

1.  Why does an indicator change information (bars in this case) after the bar has closed ?

2.  Is it possible to stop it repainting ?

Many thanks

N 

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I am getting the reason why some custom indicators repaint, it is because of the quote from your link;

- repainting indicators. There are many of them which were created especially for some different cases. Zigzag for example. Some of those indicators are used as the filters to filter false 'non-repainting signals' from the other indicators.

Is that right ?

So if the SEFC084 indicator repaints, then what other indicator is it compensating/filtering for ?  

Anamorphic:

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I am getting the reason why some custom indicators repaint, it is because of the quote from your link;

- repainting indicators. There are many of them which were created especially for some different cases. Zigzag for example. Some of those indicators are used as the filters to filter false 'non-repainting signals' from the other indicators.

Is that right ?

So if the SEFC084 indicator repaints, then what other indicator is it compensating/filtering for ?  

You should read carefully the whole thread. 
Anamorphic:

Hi

I have been using the SEFC084 custom indicator and found out that it repaints but I have two questions on this;

1.  Why does an indicator change information (bars in this case) after the bar has closed ?

2.  Is it possible to stop it repainting ?

Many thanks

N 

1. Any indicator that changes what it displays has done so because whatever data it uses in its calculations has changed. 

2. Way better off finding another indicator which doesn't play games with you. To make it not repaint you would probably have to change it in a way which would make it not really be the crystal ball you thought it was after all.

Reason: