Order routing - EUREX

Hello everybody

I trade FDAX with MT5 via AMP at EUREX.

EUREX accepts stop-market orders for futures trading in addition to the native order types:  market and limit.

QUESTION: Does anybody know if the MT5 Gateway transmits a STOP-Market order to EUREX?  

Maybe we have to distinguish between simple STOP-Market orders and complex orders including SL and TP.

Thanks a lot for your help
Willbur

Willbur:
Hello everybody

I trade FDAX with MT5 via AMP at EUREX.

EUREX accepts stop-market orders for futures trading in addition to the native order types:  market and limit.

QUESTION: Does anybody know if the MT5 Gateway transmits a STOP-Market order to EUREX?  

Maybe we have to distinguish between simple STOP-Market orders and complex orders including SL and TP.

Thanks a lot for your help
Willbur

The SL of the terminal is stored on the MQ server, and at the time of the trigger, a market order is sent, but from the MQ server.
If you want your stop loss to be stored on the CQG server, use exchange orders, BuyStop SellStop.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the answer.

My question was: Is a Stop order stored on the (MQ/CQG) server or is it forwarded to the stock exchange?

Eurex accepts STOPBUY orders as nativ orders and I know that e.g. the server of TT (trading technology) forwards these orders to EUREX.

Willbur

Willbur:
Hi Roman,

Thanks for the answer.

My question was: Is a Stop order stored on the (MQ/CQG) server or is it forwarded to the stock exchange?

Eurex accepts STOPBUY orders as nativ orders and I know that e.g. the server of TT (trading technology) forwards these orders to EUREX.

Willbur

So you're saying that the EUREX exchange stores stop orders? That's what I didn't know. Where can I read about it? Is there a link?
If this is the case, it is better to ask this question in CQG. Whether they forward STOP orders to the exchange, or store orders on their server.
The MQ server stores its terminal SL on its server.
Therefore, I wrote that to protect the position, it is better to use BuyStop SellStop orders, rather than SL terminal.
And there, as already CQG will order, you need to clarify this issue with them.

Roman:

The SL of the terminal is stored on the MQ server, and at the time of the trigger, a market order is sent, but from the MQ server.
If you want your stop loss to be stored on the CQG server, use exchange orders, BuyStop SellStop.

I'm missing something here.

Why did you mention CQG when the opening post didn't mention?  Clearly, CQG is relevant here but I can't see how.

Hi Roman,

I will describe what I know. Please improve or add:

'Deutsche Boerse AG' uses a software called T7 for the stock exchanges XETRA, EUREX and also for the Swiss stock exchanges.
This is quite funny when there are problems. E.g. in summer a release change was implemented which made a change to the API which was not communicated sufficiently to the providers. All places using T7 had no revenue for hours.

As far as I know, the servers of the order routing providers (I am on CQG) are always in co-location. (There are so-called 'terminals' to the EUREX network in London and NewYork, but I know nothing about that).

The servers of the providers are connected to the API of T7 on the exchange side.  

On the trader side: If you want to send orders to CQG's server with an MT5 desktop application, there must be an MT5 gateway where you can log in.

The gateway for MT5 applications was implemented by FOREWARE on the CQG server.
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/company/319

So from my point of view there is no difference between the MQ server and the CQG server for order routing . 

Back to the T7 API.   EUREX describes which order types are offered by T7:
https://www.eurex.com/ex-en/trade/order-book-trading/order-types

For Future Contracte there are the basic types 'Market' and 'Limit' as well as 'StopMarket' and 'OCO'.

I suspect that the MT5 order types TP and SL, which are linked to positions, are calculated on the terminal.

The order types STOPBUY and STOPSELL could be passed on to the exchange.  I know that TT(Trading Technilogy) does this.

Here is my question: Will MT5 they give my STOPMARKET order to the T7 system?

Willbur

PS:
I asked Foreware the question. I've got a paper with nice pictures but no details.
I asked AMP the question but got no answer untill now.
I am going to ask CQG today.

Forexware delivers MetaTrader 5 Gateway to CQG
Forexware delivers MetaTrader 5 Gateway to CQG
  • www.metatrader4.com
The MetaTrader 5 multi-asset platform continues expanding its trading features: the gateway to CQG platform goes live following the recent release of the gateway to Interactive Brokers. The application developed by Forexware provides direct access to CME, CBOT, NYMEX, ICE, EUREX and dozens of other global exchanges. The range of instruments...

Max Brown:

Why did you mention CQG when the opening post didn't mention?  Clearly, CQG is relevant here but I can't see how.

Because in AMP MT5 for exchange instruments provider CQG

Max Brown:

Sorry, I did not explicitly write in the opening post that I use CQG.

Willbur:

Hi Roman,
I will describe what I know. Please improve or add:
'Deutsche Boerse AG' uses a software called T7 for the stock exchanges XETRA, EUREX and also for the Swiss stock exchanges.
This is quite funny when there are problems. E.g. in summer a release change was implemented which made a change to the API which was not communicated sufficiently to the providers. All places using T7 had no revenue for hours.

I unfortunately didn't know for T7
I doubt that CQG uses this data stream.
For its servers, it uses direct connections and most likely the CEF feeds.
It is better to check with CQG and the broker.

Willbur:

As far as I know, the servers of the order routing providers (I am on CQG) are always in co-location. (There are so-called 'terminals' to the EUREX network in London and NewYork, but I know nothing about that).

It doesn't have to be London and NewYork.
CQG is a global provider, and most likely for the EUREX exchange has a colocation in Germany. This again needs to be clarified with CQG.

Willbur:

On the trader side: If you want to send orders to CQG's server with an MT5 desktop application, there must be an MT5 gateway where you can log in.

The gateway for MT5 applications was implemented by FOREWARE on the CQG server.
https://www.metatrader4.com/en/company/319

AMP uses this or another gateway on ITS side as a broker by default. Therefore, the broker's side is already linked to CQG.

Willbur:

So from my point of view there is no difference between the MQ server and the CQG server for order routing .  

The AMP server sends orders to the CQG server using the aforementioned gateway.
But I suspect that this is not the case for SL and TP MT5.
And they live on the AMP server. Therefore, for those linked to the SL or TP position, I believe that there is a difference.

Willbur:

Back to the T7 API.   EUREX describes which order types are offered by T7: 
https://www.eurex.com/ex-en/trade/order-book-trading/order-types

For Future Contracte there are the basic types 'Market' and 'Limit' as well as 'StopMarket' and 'OCO'.
I suspect that the MT5 order types TP and SL, which are linked to positions, are calculated on the terminal.
The order types STOPBUY and STOPSELL could be passed on to the exchange.  I know that TT(Trading Technilogy) does this.
Here is my question: Will MT5 they give my STOPMARKET order to the T7 system?

Thank you for the link. I looked.

Yes indeed EUREX accepts Stop market order and Stop limit order. We really need to contact CQG and clarify this issue. Where they store stop orders for the EUREX exchange.
If there is information on this issue, from the broker or CQG, please share what they answered.

I made a request to AMP two weeks ago. No answer so far.

Willbur:
I made a request to AMP two weeks ago. No answer so far.

The broker may not know this information.
But it's strange why there is no feedback from the broker.
Better to send this question to CQG.
They know this issue better than the broker.

Reason: