Is there proof of profit from using Autotrading? - page 21

Vitalii Ananev:

You see, you are just working, so I was right to say that no theory has yet been devised on this subject. At least not at the moment.

Wrong generalisation.

Vitalii Ananev:

No, but when he really wants to, emotions and other factors, the trader starts to press the button and eventually opens a deal.

)) but with every push he already agrees to a new price.

Олег avtomat:

An incorrect generalisation.

I may be wrong.

Lilita Bogachkova:

I remember that stop orders did not open if the price did not fall within the tolerance band.

What do you mean they don't open, they do and how. It is stored on the broker's server, not in your terminal, and the broker's server does not care how yourslippage is set up.

In my practice there have been cases where a limit order was opened and immediately closed with a loss because the stop loss was in the price gap.

Vitalii Ananev:

What do you mean they don't open, they do and how. It is stored on the broker's server, not in your terminal, and the broker's server does not care how yourslippage is set up.

In my practice there have been cases where a limit order was opened and immediately closed with a loss because the stop loss hit the price gap.

Once there was a case with grids, stop orders did not open becausethe slippage was set to 3 pips in a 5-digit price

Lilita Bogachkova:

Once there was a case with grids, the stop order did not open becausethe slippage was set at 3 pts in a 5 digit price

Strange, this should not be the case. Maybe the reason was something else - lack of free margin for example.

Vitalii Ananev:

That's strange, it shouldn't be like that. Maybe the reason was something else, a lack of free margin for example.

No, it's not. The 30p correction solved everything.

It was a long time ago though, a long time ago. The year 2013 or so.

Lilita Bogachkova:

No, it's not. The 30p correction solved everything.

I don't know, some strange broker you have, it must be a kitchen.

Vitalii Ananev:

I don't know, it's a strange broker, it must be a kitchen.

So it (the branch) has already closed down.

Lilita Bogachkova:

So it (the branch) has already closed.

That's probably why it closed, because it's a kitchen. A stop order becomes a market order the moment it is triggered and if there is no liquidity, it always slips. If there is no liquidity and the market order does not slip, it means that your broker acted as a counterparty in this transaction.
Reason: