Few doubts about how EA work.

I am Sophomore in a EA programming. Matter of fact its been less than a week since I made my first EA. My last one was was based on MA, pending orders, trailing based on psar, opened an order alternately on very signals so where there used be 3-4 false trades at consolidation stage, now it'll be just 1 or none, in turn it'll miss a few signals, but quiet a low drawdown and steady gains with almost no loss. However something to notice is that it had nothing to do with incoming news or time of the day.

Now my doubt is,(1) When the basis of working of EA is fully technical then why don't they work similarly on all pairs.

Can I safely assume that the only difference in EA results is because of varying periods of ranging. When a pair suffers more of its time in a ranging motions, so does the EA applied on it.???      My EA was visualized on all market watch symbols, while most of them were good, the result on SILVER was extremely poor. But i was able to see that SILVER was completely flat in that time, so i came to this conclusion.

(2) should an EA work similarly on all TF, specially above 1H, since perhaps no one scalps above it.

(3) So, how should one decide the best pair to attach his strategy to. It cant be as simple as back testing, as the future in forex seems independent of past. Are their pairs that trend most of the time, while others keep ranging most of the time.

Or should we just attach an ea to a pair that is trending best, and detach it as soon as it starts ranging. If so then what should be the ideal steps.

(4) I would like to know about hybrid trading. I have heard people in firms develop hybrid EA's that use the logic of EA combined with user discretion. Any idea what that is and how they work. All ideas welcome.

For third one will I be asked to simply insert some sort of momentum indicator in my code..???    If so, do ya'll have some feedbacks and tips?

1 & 2: Say you have this pick up line that worked on one girl, does this mean it will work on every girl? 

3: Experience, research and knowledge.

4: I do not know of this Hybrid thing. Maybe you mean an EA generating signals and user decides to act on it or not. If this is what you mean, any EA requiring user interaction is a hybrid EA.

Enrique Dangeroux:

1 & 2: Say you have this pick up line that worked on one girl, does this mean it will work on every girl? 

3: Experience, research and knowledge.

4: I do not know of this Hybrid thing. Maybe you mean an EA generating signals and user decides to act on it or not. If this is what you mean, any EA requiring user interaction is a hybrid EA.

(1&2) When pick up lines don't work on all girls, we know the reason. Even the most experienced trader is unable to distinguish randomly generated signals from those generated in market, so effectively they are all the same. So an EA should work all unless it is biased for pairs based on their working sessions or selective news reports.

So I am after the reason why people say their EA is for a selective pair even if it is a simple one.

(3) Yeah man! I asked for directions since every one must have had gone through these woods. If no one shares of course i will research.

(4) yeah that should be all to it. I am trying to get 1st hand experience from someone who may be doing it or have done it.

Thanks bro.

saurabhsuman003:

(1&2) When pick up lines don't work on all girls, we know the reason. Even the most experienced trader is unable to distinguish randomly generated signals from those generated in market, so effectively they are all the same. So an EA should work all unless it is biased for pairs based on their working sessions or selective news reports.

So I am after the reason why people say their EA is for a selective pair even if it is a simple one.

(3) Yeah man! I asked for directions since every one must have had gone through these woods. If no one shares of course i will research.

(4) yeah that should be all to it. I am trying to get 1st hand experience from someone who may be doing it or have done it.

Thanks bro.

3: The problem is, if there is a lack of knowledge, anything shared can not put into perspective or good use. The proof for that is your answer (1&2). Every girl is different therefore require a different approach. Same goes for every market. Not the other way around like you are saying one pickup line should work on all, this is not going to happen. 

Everyone gone through the woods has gained the experience and the knowledge, however this is an individual and unique experience, it can not be transferred to another individual that has not gone through the same process.

For example; If i would say to you that price is the same on every time frame and that time frames are meant to translate price / time in a more human readable format, and that it is not relevant for any EA that has no eyes, what can you do with this piece of information? Most likely you will revert to your experience and are therefore limited into really understand what this means.

Enrique Dangeroux:

3: The problem is, if there is a lack of knowledge, anything shared can not put into perspective or good use. The proof for that is your answer (1&2). Every girl is different therefore require a different approach. Same goes for every market. Not the other way around like you are saying one pickup line should work on all, this is not going to happen. 

Everyone gone through the woods has gained the experience and the knowledge, however this is an individual and unique experience, it can not be transferred to another individual that has not gone through the same process.

For example; If i would say to you that price is the same on every time frame and that time frames are meant to translate price / time in a more human readable format, and that it is not relevant for any EA that has no eyes, what can you do with this piece of information? Most likely you will revert to your experience and are therefore limited into really understand what this means.

Okay.

so in short u mean i should keep learning to find my answers ? and these answers will be far better than anyone can explain me, right ?

Still man being guided while researching will be nice.

i can't understand what should me my next step and am thinking to to take every possible step. if someone can guide me to the right one, may be i'll be able to understand why other steps would have been wrong. This will save time and energy of a lot of people who can learn from this forum. Knowledge is meant to be passed. if its not passed, progress of any field will be halted, as everyone will keep researching the same thing.

anyways. thanks.

Reason: