Difference between brokers and EAs.

I have EA that works perfectly on ICMarkets, but when tried on FXChoice it give totally different results.

Trading exact same Symbol, for example XAUUSD, both brokers have the same symbol, same charts. But on one side the EA is performing as it should, when on the other side, it fails.

What is the main difference between brokers and how to make EA that can be used cross multiple brokers?

Many strategies are having different results (performing differently) with different brokers.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Every tick VS Every tick based on real ticks AND latency on StrategyTester (backtesting)

Sergey Golubev, 2017.04.25 18:24

---------------------

Of course, if you are planning to trade EA with some broker so you will use broker's data/tick. If we do not like their data so we may change the broker with more good data.

And the data/ticks are not unified for the different brokers ... For example, there are some indicators (iTrend for Brainwashing system for example) which are showing the different results with the different brokers.

There are some EAs (for example: for day trading on D1/W1, martingale) which will have very similar results/performance with the dufferent brokers during the trading. But there are many EAs which are having the performance based on the brokers' data (intra-day trading EAs, scalping, counter trend EAs, and some more).

---------------------

If some person will tell me the following: "I have profitable EA."
I will ask him: "Which broker for" (is it profitable for which broker?)
If he will reply: "Any broker" so he is using martingale strategy, or he is trading on W1 timeframe with the trades opened once per half a year for example.

In this way we can understand the recommendation of the MetaQuotes for subscribers concerning the signals to use same broker with the signal provider.

---------------------

Okay, so i understand from that, that even though both brokers have the same Symbol, trading same ticks, but different outcome will occure for exact same EA?
Doesn't seem logical though

Hesham Ahmed Kamal Barakat:
Okay, so i understand from that, that even though both brokers have the same Symbol, trading same ticks, but different outcome will occure for exact same EA?
Doesn't seem logical though
If someone created EA and this EA is having same performance with different brokers so it is unique case. It means that this EA is using special coding/strategy technique.
Because EAs should not have same results with different brokers.

Strange thing,
Any idea what exactly the difference might be?
Chart and ticks are 100 the same from what i see.
Can't put my hand on what is causing the difference in the result of the same EA.
Both brokers are Hedge mode by the way.

Strange thing,
Any idea what exactly the difference might be?
Chart and ticks are 100 the same from what i see.
Can't put my hand on what is caising the difference in the result of the same EA.
Both brokers are Hedge mode by the way.

Quotes/data (and ticks) are different.
Because the data/quotes are not unified.

It is not strange thing.
It is very well-known thing.

Sergey Golubev:

Quotes/data (and ticks) are different.
Because the data/quotes are not unified.

Quotes/data in what way?
Can you give an example?

Quotes/data in what way?
Can you give an example?

price on high/low for lower timeframes may be different.

It is very strange that you do not know it.
Because it is very well-known thing.
It is same as the weather is different in our countries.

Sergey Golubev:

price on high/low for lower timeframes may be different.

It is very strange that you do not know it.
Because it is very well-known thing.
It is same as the weather is different in our countries.

The price on high and low are exactly the same, candles are exactly the same.
It can't be like weather, totally difference concept.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
My understanding that openning and closing positions are dealt with in a different way, maybe also spread is different, such things. But i am still to make out exactly what is causing the problem.

Any coder out there, knows what to adjust exactly in the openning and closing and dealing with different spread to come out with at least close enough results for the same EA?

The price on high and low are exactly the same, candles are exactly the same.
It can't be like weather, totally difference concept.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
My understanding that openning and closing positions are dealt with in a different way, maybe also spread is different, such things. But i am still to make out exactly what is causing the problem.

Any coder out there, knows what to adjust exactly in the openning and closing and dealing with different spread to come out with at least close enough results for the same EA?

Quotes/data are different and not unified in different brokers.
Many indicators are showing the different results/value with different brokers  ...
Traders are using special coding technique or some trading system or trading on D1 timeframe to eliminate those differences.

You can believe in what you like to believe but I am in forex since the last century and I am providing the very well-known information here (everybody knows).

Actually what you said is true,
I just checked in details, actually everything is different, even though the chart might look identical!
I had the idea as long as the broker is trading the same symbol, then everything should be the same. But in fact it might look the same on the outside, but when you look closely, almost everything is different!

Strange enough, even indicatots give totally different values!

How on earth would coders code a unified EA!???

This must be dealt on a broker to broker bases.

Are all brokers different? Or say there is two kinds or three kinds of broker's system? Or just about every broker have different system?

Also how can notmal joe protect himself from fraud this way, if every broker can have his own system and play with all aspects?

I know a close person who just lost 200k US because <...> kept going against all his trades and made him lose all his money in a matrer of one day an a half!
Reason: