EA Identify this trend

Hi,

I'm new with building trading systems and started to implement a basic buy/sell martingale system.

All goes well with the back testing, when in 9th March 2020 (covid19 panic, i guess), I found this pattern.

Any of you knows how I can detect and avoid this kind of market trend?

The price fluctuation is so high that in a matter of seconds we have a huge spike, and then the price drops instantly close near the open price.

The graphic is at M1.

My idea is to stop EA until the market returns to its normal.

Thanks

Files:
EA.png  213 kb

1. Tiago Rocha: started to implement a basic buy/sell martingale system.

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum 2015.02.11

Why it won't work: Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum 2017.07.11

2. Tiago Rocha: The price fluctuation is so high that in a matter of seconds we have a huge spike, and then the price drops instantly close near the open price.

The graphic is at M1.

You are seeing the spread due to buys at the Ask and sells at the Bid. Turn on the Ask line.

Thanks William.

Noob mistake. :|

As i said this is my first EA and i thought that is a simple strategy to begin with.

In your opinion how is the relation between the Strategy Tester vs Real conditions? Can I trust the output of the Strategy Tester?

I'm testing with 10 years of data (2010-2020), for long term profitability, but I don't know is the results are 100% accurate.

Reason: