EA's and Ea's.....

What i dont understand is the following: " Why are not all this EA programers are trading their own programs and get very, very rich without any time ?

Because the programming is the profession (same as tester and same as trader for example).

Besicly there are some professions:

• programmers;
  • trading system developers;
  • traders;
  • testers.

because programmers are failed traders

like people who teach acting are failed actors

or people who teach music are failed musicians

Jean Francois Le Bas:

because programmers are failed traders

That is insulting to skilled programmers everywhere!

Where did you pull this information from?

Because if someone, developer or not (you can order a development if you're not a developer), finds one day the magic robot that makes him earn a lot of money, it would be stupid to sell the robot afterwards.
At best, she offers others a signal about the robot, but she shouldn't sell her robot.
And just between us, whoever already makes a lot of money with a robot is not going to bother offering it for sale to make a few more dollars.
To live happily, let's live hidden  😉
Saying that a developer is a bad trader or the other way around is also totally stupid because a person can very well be good at trading and know how to develop. 

This is just my opinion : (and its leaning toward psychology and evolution more than coding or trading)

When the coder begins ,they have what you described in mind .

The goal is to create a profitable system and trade it with the earnings from the market . 

At that point its a win-win-win ,client wins ,coder wins ,mql commision wins ,and the coder is willing to take risks and try many new things because they can take risks and try many new things at that point (nothing to lose and,or , financially cornered) .

So eventually a common ground forms between the coder and the trader .The more the coder approaches and operates within the common ground ,the more relevant to the common ground their solutions (or ea's become).Simply put ,at that instance of research performed ,the trader and the coder are after the exact same thing.

The coder knows they can only succeed if they give traders what they need and if we pause and ponder over whiskey on the validity of this statement ,we will in fact discover ,that even in the : 25% modelling quality j curve curve-fitted backtest random image from google edited in ms paint as logo type of programs , their author at that point in time thinks he/she found the holy grail and wants to do exactly what is being described above.

And then come the sales ,and if the newly formed product finds itself on the front page of the market (or the now gigantic market showcase at the mql home page) then probably the newly found income is proportionally way better than what was earned before .

In such events ,its more likely to try and protect / nurture / grow / maintain the new source of income rather than take risks or try a lot of new things or expand as before .

Now if the ea is profitable or not has nothing to do with the sellers psychology . As stated before , there is probably a reason for all the sales or subscriptions ,and it just registers in the back of the head of the coder as something to investigate later . 

Then if for some reason the sales stop , its right then and there this is investigated "that algorithm had something what was it ","they mentioned this and that issue in the reviews" ,"they wanted more of x added" etc.

For signals , the win-win is more direct as the author has to actually go through and prove the thing their program is supposed to do in backtests ,and then they get ranked ,and available for subscription .
So signals may be something you want to look at :)

otto elmut:
What i dont understand is the following: " Why are not all this EA programers are trading their own programs and get very, very rich without any time ?

I don't the answer for every case. 

But I know 1 answer for one case. 

If you have a trend EA, you may like to sell it, because more balance in will make trend better. 

Keith Watford:

That is insulting to skilled programmers everywhere!

Where did you pull this information from?

or maybe they are bored and do programming for fun. But otherwise, if they are rich, why are they still working?

Jean Francois Le Bas:

or maybe they are bored and do programming for fun. But otherwise, if they are rich, why are they still working?

Trading makes very few people rich. Proper traders have realistic goals and don't expect to make millions overnight.

I first started coding to automate my strategy, but my strategy includes "Trader's discretion" or you might call it instinct. I found that impossible to code.

I did find that I enjoyed coding and continued. Most of the coding that I do nowadays includes a challenging aspect and that is good for the brain.

Programming for MT must be one of the lowest paid types of coding there is. For many people who live in countries where they can normally earn less than $10 a day, the pay may seem quite good and they can earn from it with no risk. It is worth their while putting in the time and effort required.

Some people approach coding the same way that they have approached trading. Expecting big rewards for little or no effort. These are the people who may fall into your category of "failed traders". Unfortunately there are quite a lot of these low quality coders bidding for projects in Freelance.

So people may have various reasons for coding, they may or may not also be successful traders. Note that being successful does not necessarily mean becoming rich from trading very quickly.

Reason: