Manual vs Automated Trading

I see threads which are about the success people are having doing manual execution of systems which they say cannot be automated, that the discretion required cannot be modeled in an automated EA. I wonder if it's just too hard for them to do or if it's impossible to do. I know my own programming skills are very limited. There is a lot that is beyond my skill level to program at this point. Are the people using manual systems in the same boat I am or are experienced programmers also unable to model their manual strategies in automation?

What are the limits of automated trading? I don't really know. I don't know who to believe or what to believe.

Anything your mind can think up can be programmed. It's a matter of money. Advanced programming takes time, and consequently takes money. This is why most try to create an EA with simple methods to avoid complicated programming requirements. This makes one appeciate what God has done when created us! If you got the money, I know the programmer!

Dave <<<

iscuba11:
Anything your mind can think up can be programmed. It's a matter of money. Advanced programming takes time, and consequently takes money. This is why most try to create an EA with simple methods to avoid complicated programming requirements. This makes one appeciate what God has done when created us! If you got the money, I know the programmer!
Dave <<<

That's what I thought.

I gather that it's not a cakewalk. I'm learning to program and it's not a lay down.

Time and money, those are always the required resources aren't they? That and a willingness to study and learn.

I have been having some success at least in learning to modify the code of other EA's that have been made. I can insert a new variable now, insert a new function if it's already been made and make a conditional statement that triggers the function. Some of the more complicated functions still boggle me and I'm still learning some of the operators and variables. Like trying to speak the language only knowing half the vowels and a couple of verbs. oy

I wish I knew a good programmer who was willing to take is pay out of the profits we create from the program we make, who would work with me as I/we develop theory and put the theory into an executable program. Seems to me like it should be a good trade off.

So why hasn't anyone tackled the cat50fx system or the system johnny d is using to make EA's out of them if they are working manually? Not even as much as to make an EA that does just the entry automatically? I just don't see why if a system is working manually why NOT automate? I mean unless you can humanly engage the currency market 24 hours a day with no sleep for 5 days a week?

Reason: