Strategy tester : how to test an EA on multiple symbol each one their settings

Hi,

The strategy tester allow to test a strategy on multiple symbol. But how to select for each symbol their own settings ?

Thanks.

blouf:

Hi,

The strategy tester allow to test a strategy on multiple symbol. But how to select for each symbol their own settings ? 

You can't mix these 2 modes (optimization by parameters and by symbol) directly. But you can code symbol names as a parameter as well (I suppose your question is about MT5 tester which is multicurrency). This way you can optimize both by symbol and parameters.

If your question is about setting specific (already known) values for every symbol, then just analyze current symbol during a single optimization run and use appropriate parameter values.

marketeer:

You can't mix these 2 modes (optimization by parameters and by symbol) directly. But you can code symbol names as a parameter as well (I suppose your question is about MT5 tester which is multicurrency). This way you can optimize both by symbol and parameters.

If your question is about setting specific (already known) values for every symbol, then just analyze current symbol during a single optimization run and use appropriate parameter values.

The EA I run is optimized by symbols & run right when used individually. But when I run it live, on many symbols it appears that the money management is bad. It opens position even when it's dangerous etc ...

I wish this feature of running the same EA with its own settings on all symbol of the market watch in the same time will be implemented. In fact, it is implemented but it needs to be improved, like adding specific settings files for each symbols.

blouf:

The EA I run is optimized by symbols & run right when used individually. But when I run it live, on many symbols it appears that the money management is bad. It opens position even when it's dangerous etc ...

I wish this feature of running the same EA with its own settings on all symbol of the market watch in the same time will be implemented. In fact, it is implemented but it needs to be improved, like adding specific settings files for each symbols.

Well, then it seems you need to re-work this EA concerning its money managements section (if it does not already provide some settings for proper controlling of exposure). I assume you have source codes. If not - contact its author. AFAICU from you words, this is not a problem that can be solved by tweaking the tester itself.

marketeer:
Well, then it seems you need to re-work this EA concerning its money managements section (if it does not already provide some settings for proper controlling of exposure). I assume you have source codes. If not - contact its author. AFAICU from you words, this is not a problem that can be solved by tweaking the tester itself.
Which interest to test an EA on all symbols in the market watch if you can't set differents parameters for each symbol ? There's no.

blouf:
Which interest to test an EA on all symbols in the market watch if you can't set differents parameters for each symbol ? There's no.
What's the problem? You can't use mix of the built-in modes - this is just how MT works, this is not mine decision. But you can use a workaround I mentioned.

marketeer:
What's the problem? You can't use mix of the built-in modes - this is just how MT works, this is not mine decision. But you can use a workaround I mentioned.
Why I said the feature should be implemented...

blouf:
Why I said the feature should be implemented...
Then you should create a task in the service desk. Let us see what they'll answer you.

marketeer:
Then you should create a task in the service desk. Let us see what they'll answer you.
sheesh ! "do it yourself" ;)

blouf:
sheesh ! "do it yourself" ;)
No, this is your idea and requirement. I have posted numerous tasks to the service-desk, all of them - my ideas and personally found bugs ;-)

marketeer:
No, this is your idea and requirement. I have posted numerous tasks to the service-desk, all of them - my ideas and personally found bugs ;-)
I may give a try, later.
Reason: