MT5 - Invalid license for all purchased apps after update to 2580 on Saturday

Hi

Following the update on Saturday I found that I had been logged out of MQL5, been allocated a new different demo account and that all the licenses for my purchased apps were invlid.

I reverted to my previous account easily enough but I still had to reactivate all my apps and have lost yet another activation as this is not the first time this has happened.

I did try asking the support desk but they will not deal with these queries and replied that I had to post the question here. It seems an odd way to deal with your customers to me.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you

Karl

It may be the Windows was updated with activations lost, or you filled the Community tab with different forum login/pass.

Sergey Golubev:
It may be the Windows was updated with activations lost, or you filled the Community tab with different forum login/pass.

Hi Sergey

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did have the problem at the last major windows update a few weeks ago but there were no windows updates over the last weekend. This time I just received the usual mt5 update dialog with restart now or later and clicked on now. When MT5 restarted I was logged out of MQL and the account number had changed. I just logged back into MQL with my usual (only) login and reverted my accounto the original and thought all would be OK but it wasn't.

Surely there must be someone at MQL who is intersted in helping me or am I being a bit too optimistic - what I'd really like is my lost activations back as i feel a bit robbed but surely that can't be resolved on the forum?

Thanks again

Karl

karl99r: feel a bit robbed but surely that can't be resolved on the forum?

Of course, it can't. Only the Service Desk can.

karl99r:

Hi Sergey

Thanks for the quick reply.

It will be very difficult to prove this possible bug for the service desk.
Because, theoretically speaking -
activation is per computer (hardware + software incl major Windows upfdates) and per your forum profile/username (on Community tab in Metatrader).
It does not matter about how many Metatrader instances you have installed and will install and which builds and so on.

I mean: every possible bug should be reproduced by others, and if the bug can not be reproduced so it is not a bug (according to the programmers and according to the service desk for example).

Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
Code profiling - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Profiling means collecting program parameters during its execution. During a profiling, the execution time and the number of calls of individual functions and program code lines are measured. With this tool, the programmer is able to find and optimize the slowest code sections. Profiling can be performed on the normal chart of the trading...
Reason: