Download MetaTrader 5

Are you one of the 5% that make money trading?

To add comments, please log in or register
Anton Nel
Anton Nel  
  • 71%
    (64)
  • 29%
    (26)
Total voters: 90
Figaho Saint-Jean
Figaho Saint-Jean  
The percentage of profitable traders is higher than 5 percent. It all depends on how you count. For example, Citifx has about 40% of its traders in profits.
Stanislav Korotky
Stanislav Korotky  
This poll wording and its first results represent a great paradox: if 67% of respondents answer that they are among 5% of profitable traders, than these 67% = these 5% in some non-Euclidian space of mql5.com. Next poll should be: are you one of those ~70% who always answer he is one of 5% making money by trading no mater if it's true. ;-) I just wonder, what the method of counting profitable traders should be to give many times more than the well-known average of 5%?
Antonio Fernando Loureiro Mendes Pinto
Antonio Fernando Loureiro Mendes Pinto  
marketeer:
This poll wording and its first results represent a great paradox: if 67% of respondents answer that they are among 5% of profitable traders, than these 67% = these 5% in some non-Euclidian space of mql5.com. Next poll should be: are you one of those ~70% who always answer he is one of 5% making money by trading no mater if it's true. ;-) I just wonder, what the method of counting profitable traders should be to give many times more than the well-known average of 5%?

In fact, i'm in market since 2005... and this is my living mode... so how can i survive if i'm not one of the 5% traders with sucess??

Ronnie Mansolillo
Ronnie Mansolillo  
marketeer:
Maybe 5% is related to all traders . It is an average. So also outside our community. It also mean that probably our community is quite professional with an high level. 
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Rosiman:
Maybe 5% is related to all traders . It is an average. So also outside our community. It also mean that probably our community is quite professional with an high level. 
I don't think so. We are talking about 28 votes, it's not representative. My opinion is : a great part of the 67% deceive themselves. However the poll is ambiguous, to proclaim you as someone who makes money with trading, you need to take into account a period of at least 1 year, probably more. It's always possible to earn money with trading in a short period.
Ronnie Mansolillo
Ronnie Mansolillo  
angevoyageur:
I don't think so. We are talking about 28 votes, it's not representative. My opinion is : a great part of the 67% deceive themselves. However the poll is ambiguous, to proclaim you as someone who makes money with trading, you need to take into account a period of at least 1 year, probably more. It's always possible to earn money with trading in a short period.
I do agree. Only few votes  but the believing that only 5% of traders are profitable is generic without any proof. 
graziani
graziani  
too many liars on one site :)
Rogerio Figurelli
Rogerio Figurelli  

Good pool. Anyway, even the 5% privileged traders are always few trades to migrate to the 95% reality.

ANTHONY ONOJETA
ANTHONY ONOJETA  
When we talk about those making it in forex trading we cannot really get actual percentage of successful traders but from analysis of brokers we know it is more than 5%
xynet
xynet  

http://forexmagnates.com/q3-2012-us-forex-traders-profitability-report-number-of-us-accounts-keeps-plummeting-citifx-pro-on-top/

actually profitable accounts are much more than 5%

To add comments, please log in or register