You can check the specification of the symbol (does the broker allow to trade this symbol or not):
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Can't place new order MT 5
Sergey Golubev, 2020.07.08 17:41
Well... I want to place an order in Metatrader ...
1. I should check - did I connect Metatrader to my trading account? seems - yes:
2. Did I connect Metatrader to internet? yes, I did -
3. I want to open an order on EUR/USD, does this pair exist on my account? Yes:
4. Check the specification for this pair/symbol and minimum lot size: does this broker allow me to trade it with 0.01 lot sdize? Yes, I can trade this pair by openning 0.01 as a minimum lot size:
5. After that - New Order (F9), and open sell or buy trade (or pending order for example).
Yes, broker allows me to buy this and I even contacted my broker but they didnt know either
Are you trading the FUTURES contract of the EURUSD?
If it is saying only closing the available you might be trying to buy open a position after the first notice day or after expiration of the contract.
Forex is the spot market EURUSD.
FUTURES is a time limited position, i.e. March EURUSD, June EURUSD, Sept EURUSD, and Jan EURUSD.
Your broker will have "rollover" rules and allowing only closing is one of the typical FUTURES contract rules.
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.