You can check the specification of the symbol (does the broker allow to trade this symbol or not):
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Can't place new order MT 5
Sergey Golubev, 2020.07.08 17:41
Well... I want to place an order in Metatrader ...
1. I should check - did I connect Metatrader to my trading account? seems - yes:
2. Did I connect Metatrader to internet? yes, I did -
3. I want to open an order on EUR/USD, does this pair exist on my account? Yes:
4. Check the specification for this pair/symbol and minimum lot size: does this broker allow me to trade it with 0.01 lot sdize? Yes, I can trade this pair by openning 0.01 as a minimum lot size:
5. After that - New Order (F9), and open sell or buy trade (or pending order for example).
Yes, broker allows me to buy this and I even contacted my broker but they didnt know either