Buying an EA: Can I use it on multiple accounts after buying it?

This is a basic question but I just want to be sure.

If I buy an EA here in MQL5 community, can I use it for multiple accounts? I plan to run it first again on a demo before a live account.... and is it possible to run it simultaneously on multiple accounts on multiple platform instances in a VPS

I am assuming yes, and that the EA file is basically just copy and paste file and can be used in any accounts you own.

Can someone verify this for me please?

Thank you!

ForexBunnyPh:

If I buy an EA here in MQL5 community, can I use it for multiple accounts? I plan to run it first again on a demo before a live account.... and is it possible to run it simultaneously on multiple accounts on multiple platform instances in a VPS? 

I am assuming yes, and that the EA file is basically just copy and paste file and can be used in any accounts you own.

Thank you!

Yes, you can use it in as many accounts as you want.

The think that you should have in mind is activations, you need 1 for each computer that you will install your purchase on.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The think that you should have in mind is activations, you need 1 for each computer that you will install your purchase on.

Thank you! :) 

The answer also depends if you buy EAs and Indicators outside of Market.  Some coders require you to supply your account number to them so they can limit the operation of their EAs or Indicators to a single account at one time. They sometimes limit you to one live account and any number of DEMO accounts.   You have to check their fine print before you buy outside of Market.

Michael Maggi:
The answer also depends if you buy EAs and Indicators outside of Market.  Some coders require you to supply your account number to them so they can limit the operation of their EAs or Indicators to a single account at one time. They sometimes limit you to one live account and any number of DEMO accounts.   You have to check their fine print before you buy outside of Market.
Thank you this is very helpful and yes I did notice this when I look at EAs outside the market. 

Appreciate the insight. :)

Eleni Anna Branou:

But for me to get the updates or latest build for the EA the MQL5 account that was used to purchase must be logged in I assume? 

I rented the MT4 Trade copy EA and set the parameters correctly in the EA but it doesn't seem to work...The accounts are on the same PC/VPS but are of different brokers. How should I set it up

Eleni Anna Branou:

One for each terminal.

ForexBunnyPh:

If I buy an EA here in MQL5 community, can I use it for multiple accounts? I plan to run it first again on a demo before a live account.... and is it possible to run it simultaneously on multiple accounts on multiple platform instances in a VPS? 

Thank you!

You can spend your activations it's one for each terminal are you using. But if you don't want to spend your activations you should use a trade copier, cause you might change your VPS in the future and you would need more activations.

David Diez:

You can spend your activations it's one for each terminal are you using. But if you don't want to spend your activations you should use a trade copier, cause you might change your VPS in the future and you would need more activations.

No, its one activation per computer, not per terminal!

Reason: