Changing drive of MT4

How do I change the drive MT4 is saved on while maintaining all my information that is connected to that terminal? (EAs, indicators, accounts, set files ect)

I tried moving both the MT4 terminal to D: drive from C: and moved the whole data folder to the same place while maintaining the sub directories (same path) it is saved in (changed the location from C: to D: while maintaining everything else). But MT4 is still trying to read the files from C: drive and I want to get rid of all those files because C: drive on my PC is just a boot drive (Has windows OS and a few other programs but I want it to stay fairly empty because it is a VERY small capacity SSD). I do a lot of back testing for EAs and the history files end up taking a lot of space over time (Many GBs). I've gone into the settings inside MT4 and see no where to tell the terminal to read the files from a different location. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

The MT5 bases folder can be easily moved else where.
          Where Do I start from? - MQL5 programming forum - Page 5 #46 2019.04.13

Otherwise use /Portable mode.
          Data folder and use of portable mode - Best EA - MQL4 programming forum
          Platform Start - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Once you change the Data Folder, shutdown the terminal and move your stuff from its current location.

Colin Lundrigan:

How do I change the drive MT4 is saved on while maintaining all my information that is connected to that terminal? (EAs, indicators, accounts, set files ect)

I tried moving both the MT4 terminal to D: drive from C: and moved the whole data folder to the same place while maintaining the sub directories (same path) it is saved in (changed the location from C: to D: while maintaining everything else). But MT4 is still trying to read the files from C: drive and I want to get rid of all those files because C: drive on my PC is just a boot drive (Has windows OS and a few other programs but I want it to stay fairly empty because it is a VERY small capacity SSD). I do a lot of back testing for EAs and the history files end up taking a lot of space over time (Many GBs). I've gone into the settings inside MT4 and see no where to tell the terminal to read the files from a different location. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

if you create a shortcut and set it this way, it will run in the directory you specified. Create a shortcut to Terminal.exe. then you can make changes this way.

"D:\MT4\terminal.exe" /portable

Reason: