Problems with charts

Hi,

I have problems with daily, weekly and montlhy charts. I can't scroll horizontally. For example in the daily chart I can only see the last 5 candles but I can't move left. I'm stuck. And the same with weekly and monthly charts. Hope you can help me.

Possibly, you don't have enough history for the symbol to display more bars

Keith Watford:
Possibly, you don't have enough history for the symbol to display more bars
This for example. I can't move from here.
Files:
Chart.PNG  28 kb

Cristianson:
This for example. I can't move from here.

It is surprising that you do not have history for GBPUSD.

You can try right clicking on the chart and click "Refresh" or pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard.

Keith Watford:

It is surprising that you do not have history for GBPUSD.

You can try right clicking on the chart and click "Refresh" or pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard.

Nothing, I also tried to delete and reinstal everything, but I'm still here in the same situation. And this occurs with every Symbol.

Cristianson:
Nothing, I also tried to delete and reinstal everything, but I'm still here in the same situation. And this occurs with every Symbol.

Try this:

• open "History center" from "Tools" menu (or press F2)
  • find GBPUSD, click on D1, select all rows and delete them
  • don't click "Download"
  • open D1 chart
  • right click on chart and click "Refresh"

This helped me once when I had a hole in data - there were last few candles and few candles way back in history and nothing in between.

If this doesn't help, ask your broker, maybe they really don't have that data (which would be unusual).

Cristianson:

It may be related to the broker.
You can load the history from the broker:

• in MT4 - Tools - History Center and so on;
  • in MT5 - right mouse click on Market Watch - Bars - Ticks and so on.

For example -

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair: post #932
How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Cristianson:

Hi,

I have problems with daily, weekly and montlhy charts. I can't scroll horizontally. For example in the daily chart I can only see the last 5 candles but I can't move left. I'm stuck. And the same with weekly and monthly charts. Hope you can help me.

Hey, did you figure it out ? Have same issue, but i think it might be due to the internet connexion being slow atm..

Cristianson #: This for example. I can't move from here.

You turned off auto-scroll

Reason: