Scripts: Identify potential Trends/Range (Pivot Points)

Identify potential Trends/Range (Pivot Points):

When I start learning about trading, I remember the trading pioneer Shawn Lucas (founder of Apiary-fund) saying "trading is simple, you go from bound range market to breakout market and vice versa". I looked at few charts and he was right. So I told myself, I have to always eyeball ranging market and trending market but with the help of an indicator. There are plenty for indicator that help us eyeball these ranging/trending market and they work really well, but I like using Pivot Points.

Identify potential Trends/Range (Pivot Points)

Author: Mario Gharib

Looking good

Interesting..yes looking good.

@firecard good to know !!!

@pkoolc1 it is right !!!

Mario Gharib:
@pkoolc1 it is right !!!
Just curious, how should we implement this...

@pkoolc1 it will help you to identify if you are in an uptrend (that way you can go with the trend by entering on the pullbacks) or you are in a ranging market (to avoid entering before it breaks this rang; this way you will enter on the second breakout)

Mario Gharib:
@pkoolc1 it will help you to identify if you are in an uptrend (that way you can go with the trend by entering on the pullbacks) or you are in a ranging market (to avoid entering before it breaks this rang; this way you will enter on the second breakout)

Ok. So it just to attach to the chart everything before marking a decision

@pkoolc1 Not sure what you mean, but you can run the script on any chart you want and at any timeframe, and the script will do its magic 

Probably this weekend, going share the indicator that shows you these pivot points 

Mario Gharib:

@pkoolc1 Not sure what you mean, but you can run the script on any chart you want and at any timeframe, and the script will do its magic 

Probably this weekend, going share the indicator that shows you these pivot points 

Thanks. watching out for it

when i compile SCT_PivotPoints.mq5 it gives me errors
Reason: