Strategy Tester: Trade at specific time

Hello,

I have a question relate to Strategy tester, please help me. Here is my use case,

I have a input csv file include orders in history at specific times (the history is from 05/05/2020 to 23/06/2020). I wrote a EA to read the csv file and send order in strategy tester mode, and it worked, but I had a problem relate to timing. My trades occur after 1 hour, and  in strategy tester mode, from current order to next order I must wait a time. So, to run all trade in csv file for a chart (about 629 trades), It will take a long time to finish (maybe one or two days). So, can I improve this time ? And How can I improve it? Please give me some ideas. I had a idea with  iBarShift function, but it only shift time and cannot trade (or perform OrderSend) at time shifted.

Thanks.

Strategy Tester: Drawdown & Margin Requirements?
Strategy Tester: Drawdown & Margin Requirements?
  • www.mql5.com
Can't figure out if strategy tester as well as optimization is considering margin requirements for lots and considering it as draw-down against the...

Maybe I misunderstand your question because it seems to basic, but I'll give it a try.

Between the "Visual mode" tick box and the "Skip to" button there is a slider bar. Everything will run faster if you push the slide towards the right hand side.

Everything will run a lot faster if you uncheck the "Visual mode" tick box. When you do that, you might want to click the "Graph" tab to watch the progress.

Hi whoowl,

Thank you. I found the solution and I agree with you, it quite basic because I'm a new with mt4 :).