What will POSITION_MAGIC be while many EAs work on the same symbol? - page 2

marketeer:
How would you specify magic when trading manually? I'm not aware this is possible.
When you place a trade manually, the magic of the position becomes equal to 0, you can't change it. I never write that you can specify a magic when trading manually.

angevoyageur:
When you place a trade manually, the magic of the position becomes equal to 0, you can't change it. I never write that you can specify a magic when trading manually.

You wrote:

the position magic is the same as the magic used for the LAST order/deal (place by EA or manually, doesn't matter)

So, if I understand you correctly you actually ment that the magic is the same as the magic used for the latest order/deal placed by EA  - OR - 0 if it's changed manually. Then this is indeed how I thought of it. I didn't understand your wording, specifically in this a bit streamlined passage: "the magic used for ... order/deal placed ... manually".

marketeer:

You wrote:

So, if I understand you correctly you actually ment that the magic is the same as the magic used for the latest order/deal placed by EA  - OR - 0 if it's changed manually. Then this is indeed how I thought of it. I didn't understand your wording, specifically in this a bit streamlined passage: "the magic used for ... order/deal placed ... manually".

Sorry but English isn't my native language, I made a lot of errors. I hope it's clearer now.

aforexpert:
Many EAs working on same symbol share same position (each symbol has only one position) in MT5.

Well in my opinion, the magic number will intact with each order in one position.  So when 2 EAs made orders and combined in 1 position, the EA can still work with their own order position, not combined position.

In other words, one position may contains of several magic numbers related to their order number and these will not be replaced to be one position magic number.

belido:

Well in my opinion, the magic number will intact with each order in one position.  So when 2 EAs made orders and combined in 1 position, the EA can still work with their own order position, not combined position.

In other words, one position may contains of several magic numbers related to their order number and these will not be replaced to be one position magic number.

1 Position can only have 1 magic number. For what you are talking you can use deal/order magic number to identify the trades of each EA.
Reason: