How to get the latency of a signal (provider and receiver).

Hello,

Do you have any idea on how to send a ping to a signal provider in order to get the latency? I have found this in mql5 forum:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/299500

The problem is that I do not find this information in my journal TAB when I subscribe to a signal (MT4).

I also need to eventually know the latency when I’m sending a signal (i.e. the latency time between mql5.com servers used for managing signals and my broker + latency time of my broker).

The objective is to get a simple estimation of the overall latency:

Overall latency = (The latency of the broker of the Signal provider) + (latency between signal provider and mql5.com servers) + (latency between mql5.com servers and signal receiver) + (The latency of the broker of the Signal receiver).

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Zakaria RACHID:

Hello,

Do you have any idea on how to send a ping to a signal provider in order to get the latency? I have found this in mql5 forum:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/299500

The problem is that I do not find this information in my journal TAB when I subscribe to a signal (MT4).

I also need to eventually know the latency when I’m sending a signal (i.e. the latency time between mql5.com servers used for managing signals and my broker + latency time of my broker).

The objective is to get a simple estimation of the overall latency:

Overall latency = (The latency of the broker of the Signal provider) + (latency between signal provider and mql5.com servers) + (latency between mql5.com servers and signal receiver) + (The latency of the broker of the Signal receiver).

Thank you in advance for your answers.

What is the point of all this?

I don't think you can change or improve this, as it has to do with your broker server in relation to MQL5 servers.

Hello ELENI,

What is understand from your answer is that mql5.com servers are directly linked with brokers for signals processing.

So, if I understand:

Overall latency = Latency between the signal provider broker and mql5.com servers + Latency between the signal receiver broker and mql5.com servers

The objective of this calculation is the to confirm or not that the VPS I’m currently using is a good choice (and change it if necessary).

I just need to know at least the Latency between the signal receiver broker and mql5.com servers, do you have any idea or mql4 function that can achieve this?

Thank you.

Zakaria RACHID:

Hello ELENI,

What is understand from your answer is that mql5.com servers are directly linked with brokers for signals processing.

So, if I understand:

Overall latency = Latency between the signal provider broker and mql5.com servers + Latency between the signal receiver broker and mql5.com servers

The objective of this calculation is the to confirm or not that the VPS I’m currently using is a good choice (and change it if necessary).

I just need to know at least the Latency between the signal receiver broker and mql5.com servers, do you have any idea or mql4 function that can achieve this?

Thank you.

Your assumptions are true, but I don't know how (and if) can you get the latency you want.

Generally MQL5 VPS is a very good choice for copying a signal.

Reason: