Custom development: MQL5 Version control ?

Hi traders, 

Quick question, how is version control handled in MQL5 ?

I've been coding several Indicator and EAs, and always name my files based on the version itself, eg  my_MACD_v1 , my_MACD_v5 etc. But if I save them as my_MACD and only change the #property version  the executables ovewrite each other. How do you guys handle this ?

Ex, having 10 versions of an indicator in development stage but the Production (market version) only in version 1.0  without having to rename the files (back and forth).

Help is appreciated, thanks.

JP.

If you meen it seriously with coding you should take a look at some version control SW (Git, SVN, etc.). You can set your own offline version control repository and do versioning of one file and not using million renamed files as a SW versions.

These version control SW can also show you all the changes you did in comparison to previous versions. You can also easily go back to any version you need to. MQL5 is not a versioning system.

Radek Reznicek:

If you meen it seriously with coding you should take a look at some version control SW (Git, SVN, etc.). You can set your own offline version control repository and do versioning of one file and not using million renamed files as a SW versions.

These version control SW can also show you all the changes you did in comparison to previous versions. You can also easily go back to any version you need to. MQL5 is not a versioning system.

Hi Radek, thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. Gonna look into the Git and the MQL5 Built-in Storage functionality. Appreciate it.

JP.