Cannot Fix Simple Bug With Indicator

Hello. I am trying to fix this indicator:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/21111

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/viewcode/21111/202276/stoch_rsi.mq5

Currently, there is a minor bug that prohibits you from saving the line color/type of the oversold/overbought. My coding knowledge is very limited. I do not see any variables for these items within the code. When changing the time frame of the chart, the color/line type reverts, so I am wondering if this data is being reloaded to defaults somehow. I have reached out to the author, but it seems he has not posted since last year.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Stoch_RSI
Stoch_RSI
  • www.mql5.com
StochRSI (Stochastic Relative Strength Index) was developed Tushar Chande and Stanley Kroll in 1994. The developers aimed to increasing the sensitivity of RSI (Relative Strength Index), the disadvantage of which is fluctuation between boundary lines and no signals to open a position. The indicator has seven configurable parameters: RSI Period...

There is no reason to open this topic.

There is a thread about each program of the Codebase, use it and don't double post please.

Indicators: Stoch_RSI
  • www.mql5.com
Stoch_RSI: Author: Scriptor...

Alain Verleyen:

There is no reason to open this topic.

There is a thread about each program of the Codebase, use it and don't double post please.

As previously stated, the original author has not been seen for quite some time. It seems relevant to create a thread since few people will likely see my post on the codebase.

NSAK3Y:
As previously stated, the original author has not been seen for quite some time. It seems relevant to create a thread since few people will likely see my post on the codebase.
It's really selfish and undesirable, imagine everyone would do that. Please follow the forum good practices.

Alain Verleyen:
It's really selfish and undesirable, imagine everyone would do that. Please follow the forum good practices.
Other than authors, the people browsing the codebase are likely looking to download an indicator, not answer questions or fix problems. Since the original author of this indicator has not been seen for some time, you would propose what? That I just do not get help with my issue? And perhaps this issue may occur with other indicators. Having a thread that addresses this problem may help others in the future. I do not see it as being selfish. I see it as being practical.

So far, this forum has not been helpful at all. Really unfortunate.

NSAK3Y:
Other than authors, the people browsing the codebase are likely looking to download an indicator, not answer questions or fix problems. Since the original author of this indicator has not been seen for some time, you would propose what? That I just do not get help with my issue? And perhaps this issue may occur with other indicators. Having a thread that addresses this problem may help others in the future. I do not see it as being selfish. I see it as being practical.

So far, this forum has not been helpful at all. Really unfortunate.

You don't consider that you are being selfish?

Alain is correct, you should post in the relevant thread. That way any solution to any issues will be in the correct place. If anybody else has the same issue, they are unlikely to find this thread are they.

I see that you have also posted in the correct thread and I have offered a possible solution there.

Link

Can you imagine how annoying it would be if I had used my time in the other thread and then found that somebody else had posted a solution here?

That would mean that I have wasted my time because you double posted and started a new unrelated topic. That is being selfish.

• www.mql5.com
Stoch_RSI: Author: Scriptor...

Keith Watford:

You don't consider that you are being selfish?

Alain is correct, you should post in the relevant thread. That way any solution to any issues will be in the correct place. If anybody else has the same issue, they are unlikely to find this thread are they.

I see that you have also posted in the correct thread and I have offered a possible solution there.

Link

Can you imagine how annoying it would be if I had used my time in the other thread and then found that somebody else had posted a solution here?

That would mean that I have wasted my time because you double posted and started a new unrelated topic. That is being selfish.

Tell me honestly, did you find this thread first, and subsequently post in the codebase? If not, then I stand corrected on my assumption and apologize. I assumed that posting on the codebase would be mostly futile and not helpful for anyone.

However, if you did find this thread first and only then post on the codebase, then it would seem that perhaps you are being overly harsh.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you taking the time to fix the indicator. It was very helpful and informative for me. Thank you.

Reason: